THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 10 July 2009

Family Day preparations

With our Family Day coming up in just 3 weeks time, the organising committee now meets up every week to discuss matters, and to ensure that things will run smoothly. Who's in charge of food... who's in charge of the games... who's in charge of the balloon man... who's in charge of whatever else.

We have about 60 people confirming attendance so far including 14 volunteers. Out of the PLHIVs and their family members who confirmed their attendance, most of them are my clients, including 20 children. Fuzi and children, Murni and children, Mr & Mrs K and children, Sha and children, Lin and children, Jah, Yah and child - already 28 of them. And while Razif is not my client, he seem to be in touch with me more than his own buddy. Razif sent me a text message asking if he and his family can join the Family Day. Of course la he can. In fact, I've been wanting to meet his wife since day one but never got the chance. Razif did say he'd be coming with his wife and 3 kids, so here's the chance for me to talk to his wife, and introduce her to the other HIV +ve women.

Most of those staying outstation will be coming to Ipoh by bus, and we'll have our people waiting at the bus station to bring them to the Family Day venue. Luckily the committee didn't decide that the respective buddies are to arrange for their clients' transport to the venue. Die lah! (I'm the one with most clients attending, remember? Manalah nak muat I punya Kenari?)

Based on past experiences, there are bound to be last minute pullouts. So if the final number is 50 people, to me it's good enough. But having said that, I have yet to ask Sofie if she and her children would like to join. I didn't ask her earlier because she seemed so weak. But based on our last 2 tele-conversations, she sounded livelier than before. I know her children seldom get the chance to go anywhere because of the family's financial situation, so it'll be good if the children can go. I hope to visit Sofie soon, maybe I'll ask her then.

So what are our plans for the family day? Going round the farm... watch a demo on how they put on the horse shoe, feed the horses, the kids will get to ride on the horse (not to say ride lah, just sit on the horse, and the handler will just pull the horse for a short distance), take pics with the horses etc. We will also organise telematch for the kids. And we've also hired a balloon man to entertain the kids during our lunch break.

Actually we are also allowed to fish at the ponds there, but we'd have to bring our own fishing rods and equipments. Hmmm... I have never done any fishing in my life (I'd rather go buy at the market). Has anybody got a fishing net I can borrow? No lah, just kidding, I don't think I'd have time to do any fishing. I'd probably be busy becoming the kaypoh busybody photographer of the day...

4 comments:

mamasita said...

Hooi Pi..careful..karang asyik ambik gambar terpijak taik kuda pulak!! hehe..get ready pakai your riding boots!

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
What riding boots? Me not gonna ride 'em horses. Tak tau le pulak, kot nanti in my posting on the family day, ada pulak gambar Opah jadi koboi... hehehe...

Anyway, for you nanti if I remember I will take a pic of horse dung yah? ;)

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

so obviously razif has come clean with his wife. eh, how did it come about ya?

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Frankly I don't know. I've never had the opportunity to see or even speak to his wife so I can't really tell how she took it when Razif first broke the news to her. Hopefully she will really attend the coming Family Day for I'd really like to get to know her.