THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday 15 May 2010

In memory of…

16th May 2010 – International Aids Memorial Day.

I’ll make this a short posting… in memory of the PLHIVs whom I had the opportunity to get to know in the course of my voluntary work, and who had left us… (please just click on the links if you want to know their story)

Rose – May 2006 (I still get updates on Rose’s children from time to time through Rose’s sister)

Azman, (Yah’s husband) – December 2006 (I am still in touch with Yah although not as often as before)

Lily – May 2007 (Lily died on International Aids Memorial Day in 2007 – she had a son who was also HIV+ who was sent to a home for HIV children. Boboy should be 8 this year. I have since lost contact with all the children and their new guardians)

Rashid (Hana’s husband) – October 2007 (I am still in touch with Hana. Her children are under our education sponsorship program)

Rina – October 2007 (I am no longer in touch with her family)

2 comments:

mamasita said...

Sedih2..tak dapat nak comment apa2.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Alfatihah....