THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 13 May 2010

Macam-macam hal…

I was on my way to work last week when a text message came in on my hand phone. Oh no, I don’t read text messages while driving. Too much of a hassle to even attempt it as I’d need to put on my reading glasses to be able to figure out the contents of the message! So big NO to SMS while driving.

When I got to my office, I checked out the message. It was from Rosnah, telling me that she was at the HIV clinic for her appointment and asked where I was. She probably thought I was somewhere at the hospital. I replied, saying I was at my office, adding that I had lots of work to do… in case she expected me to go to the hospital to meet up with her.

After a while, another message came from Rosnah…

Boleh ke kak bantu saya. Kesempitan duit sangat.”

No wonderlah she was hoping to see me… got udang di sebalik batugot cicak di sebalik frame

Oh no! Not another Mrs K in the making!

I didn’t bother to reply. Just because she’s getting help for her daughter under our Children Education Fund, doesn’t mean we are going to help her every time she runs short of money. She is after all working, has only one child to support, and doesn’t need to pay house rental as she’s staying at her mother’s house!

People who are worse off, like Sofie for example, who has 4 schooling children, has to pay house rental, and can’t afford to get a full time job due to her poor state of health, NEVER tried to borrow money from me. She’d just make do with whatever that she has.

So Rosnah just got herself listed under my “be wary of them” clients.

----------------------------------------------------

I received a text message from Sharifah yesterday morning. It was her appointment at the HIV clinic yesterday and usually she’d be spending the night before at Kak Ana’s place so she could be with her baby girl. And usually Kak Ana would drive her to Ipoh for her appointments. Well, the last time they came, they were quite late… resulting in some nagging not only from the staff nurse, but also from the doctor.

Yesterday when Sharifah sent me the text message, it was almost 10.30 am, and they (Sharifah and Kak Ana) had just made a move from their place. Usually it takes more than an hour to reach Ipoh. Uhh… late again? So Sharifah asked me to inform SN that she’d be quite late for her appointment. Maybe she thought I was at the hospital for clinic duty because the last time she went for her blood test, I was there.

Sorry dearie… this time you’d better call SN yourself. So yep, I gave her SN’s number (in case she says she doesn’t have the number) and told her to call SN herself. Ni mesti takut kena marah dengan SN

---------------------------------------------------

A fellow volunteer called me yesterday. She wanted to recommend her client to be considered for our Education Sponsorship for Children Program. The client used to work as an assistant at a pharmacy, but the pharmacy has closed down and she is now out of a job. She has been trying to get a job… to no avail. So what she’s doing now is she takes care of somebody’s child during the day and gets RM250 per month. That’s not enough for her 3 schooling children. She has been keeping this to herself for quite some time, probably still having some savings to make use of; but has gotten a bit desperate of late.

Well, based on our procedures for the sponsorship program, at least 2 of the committee members need to pay her a visit first for assessment purposes. I have already reserved myself for another group this Saturday, and so I’ve arranged for the assessment visit to be done on Sunday afternoon. If and when approved, the next step will be to look for sponsors…

11 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Hold on, let me get this straight; I thought there were some issues between Sharifah and Kak Ana. Have they kissed and make up or am i missing something here?

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Kena register new company for you - Syarikat Pinjam Meminjam Wang Afizah Sdn Bhd. However, application success - Nil. Coz semua kena Piiiraahhhh! Sabo ajelah.... purrr....meow!

Pi Bani said...

CiS,
Tukar nama sikit, "Nak Pinjam Wang Boleh Blah Sdn Bhd"...

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
You deleted your comment because you've figured out your confusion between Sharifah & Anita ke?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

No, i did not delete my comment. No idea what happened to it. Thanks for ironing out my little confusion btw Kak Pi. Otak dah jam, tak tido mlm punya pasal.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Tak tido mlm sebab menulis btw, and that's purely the reason...haha...

Pi Bani said...

Gosh Kerp, I do get notifications of your comments thru my email but I don't see them appearing in my blog. You dah kena ban ke apa ni? ;)

Are you having the same problem at other blogs or is it just my blog? Your comment above ni pun I yang enter balik - copy and paste from the email notification.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

ha ah la...in fact there was a follow up to that comment i made. Tried the other blog and it worked fine. Something's definitely wrong somewhere...hmm...kalo kata kena ban, I cant even remember the last time i said anything controversial.

Pi Bani said...

OK Kerp... now dah appear semua... wonder what happened to them earlier!

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hi Pi, testing2 yes it work well 4 me. While I got u there, can u spare some loose change for me to get an airline ticket to Ipoh, so I can buy u that hearty meal in exchange....hahaha.

Relax & enjoy your weekend!
Tommy

P/S - Do u charge sepuloh dua or an arm & a leg like Ah Long? :)

Pi Bani said...

Tommy,
I charge both arms and both legs!

Enjoy your weekend... and don't be too naughty ya? ;)