THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday 10 November 2008

The problematic ladies...

When I was on clinic duty last Wednesday, I took the opportunity to get some additional info from SN on some of my old clients. SN now has an assistant helping her out at the HIV clinic so at least she has a bit of time to entertain me with my queries. Previously she was all alone in assisting the doctor - so it wasn't a good idea getting info from her on a clinic day. She'd be rushing here and there.

I had been trying to get in touch with a 69 year old lady client to whom I was assigned to as a buddy 2 months ago, but somehow all my calls didn't get through. Every time I called, I'd get the message, "Please try later." So I checked with SN in case I wrongly copied the phone number. SN took out the client's file, and yes, it was the correct number. What SN is afraid of, is that usually if we are unable to call the clients, chances are they'd be missing their next appointment. This lady's next appointment is in February 2009, so let's just wait and see if she's going to turn up. So far the other elderly lady I was assigned to, Makcik Minah, 74, came only for her first appointment and disappeared after that.

I also asked about Ifa, who, during my last meet with her, told me her blood test at a particular district hospital showed that she didn't have HIV. Well, according to SN, the latest blood test done at Ipoh GH showed Ifa's CD4 count had dropped drastically while her viral load shot up. My guess is, at the district hospital Ifa mentioned, they didn't even test her for HIV (she was warded for asthma). So of course the results didn't show anything about her HIV status. Obviously Ifa had not been compliant in taking her ARV medication. In fact, Ifa openly admitted she doesn't take her medication on weekends as she'd usually be at the disco then - and she didn't want the ARV medication to clash with the ecstasy pills she takes when at the disco. Ifa had told me earlier about this, and I've talked to her about the implications then. But whatever said to her seemed to be going in one ear and immediately out the other. Her earlier khalwat case has not been settled, yet she seems to be getting herself into more trouble. Earlier on, she used to cry a lot. Nowadays she doesn't cry anymore, but she seems oh so stubborn! She doesn't seem to care about the implications of whatever that she does. She said she doesn't want to think about her HIV anymore. To me, it looks as though she's not even thinking at all. Susahlah ini macam... we're trying to help her, but she doesn't want to help herself. And the fact that her father doesn't give a hoot about whatever happens to her is making it even worse. Sigh...

-------------------------------------------------------

When my colleague and I were on our way to visit Suhaila and Samsul last week, my colleague told me about Yah's latest "adventures". Well, Yah doesn't seem to call me anymore (unless the financial assistance she usually gets are banked in late - even though I told her time and again, all the financial assistance she gets are not under my control) ever since she got herself involved with so many men. First she got herself involved with Mr Darling. Then with one engineer (the one she chased all the way to Kelantan and caught this guy in bed with another woman). Then with one army guy whom she slept with without informing the guy of her HIV status. The army guy did find out later about her HIV and threatened to kill her if tests show he's infected. Hmmm... I wonder what happened to this guy... never heard about him since then.

And remember in my earlier posting I mentioned about Yah getting from Fuzi the phone number of Fuzi's friend and ended up telling this friend about Fuzi's HIV status? Well, according to Fuzi, Yah asked for the number "saja nak kawan-kawan". Aiyo, she wanted to kawan-kawan and Fuzi just gave her the number?? To me Fuzi was at fault too for giving Yah the number. I mean, the least she could have done was to ask for the friend's permission to give his number to someone else.

Anyway, according to my colleague, he spoke to Yah quite recently and she told him about her newfound "Datuk" friend who bought her a RM200 handbag. Well, I'm not quite sure if this Datuk is a spouse to a datin or to a nenek, but as my colleague mentioned, we don't understand why anyone would want to "saja-saja" buy her an expensive handbag. We're quite sure Yah did not mention to him about her HIV. What we're not sure about is what Yah gave in exchange for the handbag... after flirting around from one man to another, you get what I mean lah...

Sigh. First she was just Yah, the tough kampong lady. Then after her angau episode with Mr Darling, she became Yah Ah Ngau. I guess now it's Wild, Wild Yah...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Komen Pak Malim kucing ray yg alim.

Wah. Masalah betul! kata Pak Malim sambil meminum susu botol.

Pi Bani said...

Pak Malim:
Memang masalah betul! kata Pi Bani sambil bayar tol. I donno what else to do, tambah Pi Bani sambil makan budu.

Kak Teh said...

oh dear, dear, dear, dear! I am amazed reading about people who just take for granted about the help that's given to them. They dont care, when there are people around them who care.
When something happens to them, then headline that appears in the next day's papers is that - no one cares. Yet, this is because they themsleves do not want to help themselves so that others can help them.

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh:
It takes all kinds to make this world, Kak Teh. Macam-macam jenis manusia ada. Not all are like the ladies I mentioned, but yes, bila dapat a few yang jenis-jenis macam ni, letih dibuatnya. We want to help, yet they are not letting us do so.

But maybe it's because of what they had gone through earlier; they think everyone they meet would just be like the ones in their problematic past. I don't know for sure.

ArahMan7 said...

I have a friend. Very hensem. On first glance I'm sure you would say, "sesat mana plak Shah Rukh Khan ni?"

On sesat glance, "makk oii, Amitha Bachan ko?"

Anyway, after he found out he's a HIV carrier he became totally change. He felt he was cheated and he wanted to drag along as many as he could all the girls who fell to his charm.

I felt sorry for him but he was determined to carry out his vowed. No amount of talked could persuaded him to change his ways.

Last I heard there were several complained, but there nothing much the girls could do except to sedekahkan Al-Fatihah.

Not all of them were like this friend of mine. They were several others who became religious.

Greetings and lots of love from Kuale Kangsor.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

wahh...quite happening la some of the ladies mentioned. but i can feel for Ifa. maybe she's letting out her frustration by rebelling but one thing's for sure, she feels since she's all frustrated, nothing beats than to simply let her hair down and lead her live to the fullest. not that i endorse her action because it must come with some responsibility la.

Pi Bani said...

Arahman7:
At least your friend tu adalah juga the ala-ala Shah Rukh Khan and/or Amitabh Bachan looks to charm women. Yah ni, sorry to say lah, not close at all to being a Karisma Kapoor or Kareena Kapoor lookalike. In fact, when she tries too hard to bergaya, she'd end up looking more like ayam berak kapoor. (Ish, jahatlah Pi Bani ni!!)

But as you said, not all of them will become like that lah.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp:
I think the main problem with Ifa is that she never seem to get the much needed family support. So cakap-cakap orang luar macam Buddies ni dia tak pakailah.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, there has been only one or two occasions where we were a day or two later than usual in making the transfer. However, stories of her worsening lifestyle makes us wonder how much of the money is making it to the children - the main target of the financial assistance. We are not here to feed someone's bad habits and if we are in fact contributing to her actions then obviously we will have to think again about whether to continue.

Typhoon Sue said...

Hmmmmm .... paYAH le cam nih...

Pi Bani said...

Anonymous:
I've told both Fuzi and Yah that the donor is not obliged to donate every single month and that if the donor decides to stop, that there's nothing we can do.

I do know that Yah's father does ask for money from Yah every month to buy the younger 2 children's needs since they are the ones taking care of the children. However I a not sure how much Yah actually gives to her father every month. I feel it's better if the money goes straight into her father's account instead of into Yah's but I am not in touch with Yah's parents. Their place is quite far from Ipoh and so to just drop by is out of the question.

It is up to you if you want to continue with the help for Yah. Am not in any way trying to influence you but frankly, if I were you, I'd stop the contribution too.

If by chance I happen to go anywhere near the town where Yah's parents are staying, I may just drop by to check on them and see if I can make some other arrangements.

Pi Bani said...

Sue:
Memang paYAH...apasal le I letak nama dia Yah??!! Maybe I should choose another blog name for her. Nang maybe... kot boleh jadi seNANG sikit...