THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday 3 October 2009

Raya Rounds - #4

Having completed my puasa enam on Friday, I arranged for another raya rounds on Saturday. My initial target was 5 homes, but I couldn't get hold of Jah, so 4 be it.

I told Shila last week about my plan. When I picked her up at her mother's house last week, I didn't go in as we still had a long way to go to see Anita, her son and my Cek Mek.

I contacted both Hana and Rosnah to ask if they would be home on Saturday. Hana said she'd be home the whole day while Rosnah said she'd be home by 5 pm. So I made plans for my visits to start at 2.30 pm.

I also called Maria to check if she'd be home, and yes, although 3 of her children were at their Atok's homes over the weekend, Maria and her youngest child would be home.

And so, I left home at about 2 pm and headed straight to Shila's place first. Her daughter Laila was not home - she was attending a raya do in school. Only Shila, her mother and Shila's 6 months old nephew were home. 6 months old? Yayy!! Another baby for me to play with!! And the little boy smiles a lot too! But initially I thought the boy was just about 3 months old. No, he's not really small. It's just that I just saw Cek Mek last week, and the girl who's only 4 months old was definitely more montel than this boy!

Anyway, while I was helping myself to nasi impit, Laila called up her mom to say that the function was over. So off we went to fetch her at school and we headed straight to my next destination - Maria's house. Maria stays in another town not far from Shila's.

The house seemed quiet when we got there, but the front door was open, so we knew somebody was definitely home. I gave the salam, and Maria then came out to greet us. I saw a boy lying in front of the TV, watching a cartoon series. Suddenly I realised, hey, this was the same boy I used to visit at the hospital when Maria gave birth to him. He's already 3 years old! Waaa.... sudah besar!! My, my... how time flies! I thought it was not that long ago when a pregnant Maria called me, crying and crying (to the extent I found it difficult to understand what she was saying over the phone!), feeling scared about all the possibilities of her future.

Maria is a much calmer person now. Yes, she does call me from time to time to tell me of some minor problems, but at least she no longer cries when she calls.

After a while, we left Maria's house and headed to Hana's house. When we got there, the doors were closed, so were the windows. I gave the salam, no response. I tried calling Hana's phone number, no answer. So we just left.

Next stop was supposed to be Rosnah's house. Just to be sure she was back from work, I called. To my surprise, Rosnah was still in Ipoh (she works in Ipoh) and she asked where I was. She was about to get into her car to head home when she noticed a flat tyre!

"Spare tyre ada tak?" I asked. Having done the job myself previously, I thought Rosnah may be able to do the same.

"Ada, tapi saya tak reti nak tukar tayar!" she said.

Oh well, she had no choice but to call another friend in Ipoh to help her out as I was elsewhere.

So I didn't get to introduce Shila to Rosnah although they stay quite nearby each other. On my way to send Shila home, a call came in on my handphone...

"Kak, tadi kak call saya ya?"

It was Hana. She just realised there was a missed call on her phone. She was actually in town when I called earlier. Haiya, and she told me earlier she'd be home all day! I was not about to turn around to head back to her place, so I just told her I'd try to visit her some other time. God knows when that will be...

So yep, I only managed to visit 2 families although I had planned to visit 4 and managed to reach 3 of the 4 homes. My raya sakan plan was not so sakan after all... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pi, selamat berhari raya lagi. U masak rendang dan ketupat second round ke?

Hmm... saya masih terkial2 ni nak habiskan puasa enam. Lepas tu nak bayar puasa hutang pulak. Pi, boleh tolong puasa kan I tak?

Raf

Pi Bani said...

Raf,
Tak kuasa I nak masak rendang lagi. I raya puasa enam makan nasi lemak... hehehe...

Tolong puasa untuk you? Boleh... tapi hutang you tak lepas jugak kan?