THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday 9 September 2009

09/09/09

Today is 09/09/09. And I am purposely setting this posting to be published at 09:09 am. Oh... saja gatal... :)

I do hope nobody saja gatal to call 999 though!

Anyway, my anticipated "sekejap cakap lain, sekejap cakap lain" for Anita's IC and her son's birth cert has begun.

No, I haven't brought Anita to JPN just yet. My colleague, who has been handling Anita's case earlier before Anita decided to call me (I am not Anita's Buddy) was the one who had been liaising with JPN.

Earlier on, when I sent Anita to go back to her hometown, my colleague told me as long as Anita could get any one of her sister's birth cert, that'd be good enough.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Very sure!", came the answer. I wasn't too convinced though, although I was amazed how sure he sounded even though I was sure he wasn't so sure himself. (errrrr... am I making sense?)

When Anita came back to Ipoh last week, I called my colleague asking him to arrange an appointment with the officer he had been liaising with. He said he'd call the officer and get back to me before 4 pm the same day. He never did.

On Monday, the colleague called me from my NGO center. He wanted to tell me that there was a fax from the Sultan's office to inform about the cheque presentation from the Yayasan. Yep, the one I had already settled last week.

He didn't even mention anything about the JPN matter. When I asked, then only he mentioned about some forms that needed to be filled up and submitted to JPN.

"No need to bring Anita?", I asked. "No need. We can submit for her", he said. Frankly, I didn't believe him. He has a tendency to assume things. Anyway, he said he'd leave the forms at the center.

Yesterday I went to my NGO center to get the forms. One look at the forms and I knew that the forms were meant for the child's late birth cert registration. Nothing at all on Anita's IC. So I called that colleague, and since he was already on the way to the center, I waited for him to come.

When he got to the center, and I started asking him questions on this and that, he answered each question as though he was sure of things... and even mentioned that Anita has to go back to the JPN at her hometown to get some documents from there. Well, how come earlier when Anita was at her hometown, nothing was mentioned about having to go to JPN there?? I wasn't at all convinced.

I asked him for the form provided by the hospital when Anita gave birth earlier (the form they gave to be brought to JPN for child's birth registration). Anita gave the form to him to seek his help earlier. The piece of paper, which now looks like kertas balut belacan, was at his home. Adoi, why lah keep at home. Keep lah at the center!

Anyway, he promised he'd pass the piece of paper to my office today.

I have been getting contradicting advise from different people - some say just do the baby's birth cert first, no problem. Some say we'd have to get Anita's IC done first.

So which one really should come first? The chicken or the egg?

I am not going to bring Anita to JPN only to be kicked here and there like a ball. I don't want to call 999 on 09/09/09!!

I think I'd better look for networking in the right department and get all the necessary info on the correct procedures before I proceed further.

I'm quite tied up with some other matters now, and I bet those at the JPN are already in their raya mood. So rather than getting the "ni bukan bawah bidang kuasa saya" answer, I think I'll start getting some networking first and only proceed with matters after raya.

10 comments:

mamasita said...

Betul Pi..get all the necessary networking and continue lepas Raya!Don't clutter too many things now..its almost Lailatulkadar!! My son yesterday kata..Ma..Thursday dah start Lailatulkadar..step on it..Ya Allah..anak remind mak!
p.s.I masih gear 3..dia dah suruh I overdrive!hehe

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Lailatulkadar, lailatulkadar juga... tolong orang tetap ibadah juga. Jangan le pulak nak kejar lailatulkadar punya pasal, orang mintak tolong kita turn down.

You masih kat gear 3? Kira oraitlah jugak tu. Setengah orang makin hujung Ramadhan, makin tukar ke low gear!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Why so complicated? You'd better watch your health too...don't want you to get high blood pressure from all the stress.
Anyway, there's no IC system in Aussie. The previous govt wanted to implement it but was defeated in Parliament. They say it's violation of individual privacy. Serious!
People get fascinated whenever Mama shows them her MYCard. Me? I only have vet records and microchip behind my ears.

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
Oh, don't worry about me, if I get stressed out, I'd de-stress by blogging!

You have microchip behind your ears? You sure it's not potato chip? ;

Kak Teh said...

pi bani, i pun terconfused abt what is supposed to be done. i can imagine the different kind of answers from peopl ebehind the counters.

anyway, i wanted to be the 9th commenter pada entry yang dipostkan pada jam 0909 on 090909, tapi tak larat tunggu dah.

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Kak Pi,

Firstly, Happy Ramadhan...How are you, anyway?

Secondly, adoi, kepala pusing la, this story. I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I? ;) Your colleague sounds like a kid!

You're right, you should just enjoy yourself and network first, before getting into the nitty-gritty of this.

Ritznest said...

Kak Pi,I've been following your blog for a long time,silently though.To tell you the truth I can feel the frustration.I know how it feels to be kick around from this counter to another,from department to department etc etc.

But I,m amazed that no personnel from the NRD read this blog.

I suggest Kak Pi send an email to the Ketua Pengarah or Timbalan or Penolong or whatever his/her position might be,asking for the proper procedure la.

To NRD personnel,please la be helpfull.


Ritznest

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh,
Tak sampai hajat nak jadi commenter no. 9? Dia nak kena "tuanrumah" juga jadi commenter no. 9 kot? Coming soon...

Pi Bani said...

Daph,
Here comes comment no. 9 to my post on 090909 at 0909. (sorry, Kak Teh!)

Yeah, I might as well get all the necessary info from the RIGHT person before I proceed any further. Anita has lived so long without her IC, am sure she can survive without it for a little while longer...

Pi Bani said...

Ritznest,
Ni tengah dalam proses to get info on the procedures etc - trying to get the right connection. Masalahnya, kadang-kadang those yang bagi info tu they are not bothered to get the whole picture. So, we go once, they tell a different story. We go again, then they realise there's another story to it... then they tell us there's something else that needs to be done.