THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Hectic week

This week is rather hectic for me.

I will be away for the whole of next week so there are so many things I need to settle before I go off, especially at the office.

A business client will be having their board meeting next week, and I need to get their management accounts, including cash flows ready by this week.

We have 2 new staff plus 1 practical student who just reported for duty on Monday, and so this week I'd have to teach them what to do etc.

Last night we had dinner for my office staff - farewell dinner for one staff who just left the Company, and appreciation dinner for another staff who has been with the Company for 5 years.

Yesterday, a cousin sent me a text message, informing me that my 93 year old aunt's health had deteriorated. So yesterday afternoon I brought my mother to visit my aunt. Very likely I will visit again before I go to Bali.

On my voluntary work, a few calls and text messages were received this week. Puan Nur (Sharifah's mom) sent me a text message on Monday just to ask how I was doing - lama tak dengar cerita, she said. How thoughtful of her, at least she remembers me even when she doesn't need my help.

Last night while I was having dinner with my office staff, Sharifah called. Her appointment with the doctor at Ipoh GH is today, and since the appointment date was given to her by phone, and not written on her hospital card, she was wondering if she'd have any problem at the registration counter.

Earlier Anita called. For those who may not remember Anita, she's the 22 year old who had not done her IC and had not registered for her baby's birth.

That was a few months ago. Her baby boy is probably about 9 to 10 months old now. I was not assigned as Anita's buddy, so I left it to another buddy to help her out. The buddy did inform me earlier about the need to get any of her siblings to come along especially to get her IC done.

But when she called on Monday, I was informed nothing had been done yet - not her IC, not her baby's birth cert. She asked if she could see me when she comes to Ipoh next for her appointment. I'll be back from Bali by then so I agreed.

I have only met Anita once. I wonder why she wants to see me instead of the other buddy...

But I will only get the answer after I get back from Bali.

In the meantime, I need to settle so many other things first. It's already Wednesday, and my Ipoh-LCCT bus will be at 3 am early Saturday morning.

Whatever it is, I need to get everything ready by Friday. So, what am I doing blogging?

HELP!

14 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Have a good trip, Kak Pi!
Kalau I pun, I nak cakap dengan you more than anyone else :D

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
We're glad to be your shoulder to cry on or "lepas geram" when you feel like it. Easier to do in a blog. In real life, you may hurt people...
OK, now another de-stressing session. First I'll massage your feet, then middle parts, then upper parts, finally your head. There's where the "angin" will come out. Now, "burp" with me. Ada lega?
Oh, bonus: here's a hug too. A big one!

Pi Bani said...

Naz,
Kalau sekadar nak bercakap je takpe, jangan dibaginya masalah-masalah negara yang memeningkan kepala otak I...

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
Burp tak cukup lega lah. Nak kena kentut kaw-kaw punya baru lega... (tapi orang keliling pulaklah yang sengsara!)

Naz in Norway said...

Kak Pi,
Alhamdulillah setakat hari ni, I tak banyak masalah negara nor dunia!
Those who seek your advice are actually doing you a favour sebenarnya :)

Anonymous said...

Pi,

I have quite a fair bit of knowledge on corporate secretarial work, can I join your company? At the same time, I pun boleh jadi your assistant with your voluntary work. Mana Pi pergi, I follow you (nanti Pi boleh bawak I naik kuda kan?.

Please post your story while in Bali, ok?. Selamat jalan ya bu, jangan lupa makan mee bakso di sana.

Raf

mamasita said...

Why are you blogging when you actually have so much to sort out?? Because we all are your friends and you boleh mengeluh, mengadu hal and manja2 dengan we all..thats why!
We are your 'buddies' tau?

Pi Bani said...

Raf,
Boleh tolong buat accounting work sekali tak? Kalau boleh, then replace I teruslah kat company ni... I rasa macam nak pencen...

And oh, our family day, every yer lain-lain tempatlah, taklah tiap-tiap tahun naik kuda. :)

InsyaAllah, there will be a posting or more on Bali.

Pi Bani said...

Eh Naz,
Sorry, tercicir le pulak.

Those people seeking my advice doing me a favour? Well yeah, in a way I do get to learn lots of things... but aduuuh... bila masalah depa jenis yang berbelit-belit... sembelit dibuatnya!

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
You nak jadi my buddy? Can I call you tengah-tengah malam buta to mengadu hal? ;)

sherry said...

Hai Pi.

Sibuk ker??? hehe..soalan yang patut dijawap dgn penampar!

..bergumbiralah anda di sana nanti ye.. next week ,i ada Conference kat Kuching, Sarawak..so, banyak benda gak kena settle minggu ni..

Pi Bani said...

Sherry,
I tak suka bagi penampar... I bagi flying kick terus! ;)

Selamat berconference di Kuching. Jangan gi Kuch Kuch Hota He pulak, ok?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

eh, ye la, i also thought it was very thoughtful of Pn Nur to text you without having any udang disebalik batu. kinda touched reading that bit, really.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
At least ada jugak orang ingat kat I even when they don't need me.