THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 11 September 2008

Apa mau jadi?

11 days of Ramadan have passed – wow! How time flies!

And guess what? I haven’t gone to visit any of my PLWHA clients yet! But I do plan to go this weekend. I already have with me some Raya hampers to be given to the families. The plan is to first go to visit Mr & Mrs K; then if Lin is discharged from the hospital, over to her place first before crossing over to another town to Jah’s house, followed by Hana’s house in the same town. Then on the way back, drop over at Shila’s house.

Well, THAT is my plan for the moment. Hopefully nothing else will crop up.

Fuzi’s house is totally the opposite direction so the visit to her house may have to wait till the next public holiday, ie on Wednesday.

Most of my clients (with the exception of Mrs. K) have not bothered me for the past month since they knew I was busy taking care of my own mother. Other than the day of my mother’s knee operation when Mrs. K called me from KL, last week I received a text message from her – asking if she could borrow some money… giving all sorts of excuses why she needed to borrow and promising to pay by such and such a date without saying exactly what she needed the money for.

My answer to her was a clear NO. They had their chance. We helped them to get back on their feet – they did not make use of the opportunity. They instead took for granted that there’s always someone who will be helping them when the need arises. They don’t plan for their future. Ada duit pakai, tak ada duit buat muka kesian. I do pity the children but I have to be firm. What made me even mad was the fact that they told my colleague (the one handling clients’ welfare) that they have decided against moving to the flats with very low rental rate my colleague had helped to arrange for them.

Jual mahal for the chance of getting a place to stay at a lower rental rate… yet trying to borrow money at the same time? The way I see it, they want to live an easy life – that’s why they finished Mr. K’s EPF drawings within just weeks (which they got right before Raya last year and so they raya sakan!). Ahah, I bet she wanted to borrow money to spend for Raya…

I will still observe their needs, particularly the children’s educational needs and I will still visit them from time to time, but no way am I going to let them take advantage of me or my NGO!

On another note, remember in my earlier posting here, I mentioned that Yah had been flirting around with an army guy? Well, she was afraid to tell me the whole story – just like she was afraid “Nanti Kak Afizah marah” if she did not wear her tudung during the Family Day trip to Taiping recently. You see, she told my colleague she had actually been sleeping around with that army guy – without telling him that she has HIV. Somehow the guy had not been feeling well lately and someone actually told him about Yah’s HIV infection and that he should get tested for HIV. Well, the army guy got mad and told Yah that if he is tested positive, he’d kill Yah!!

Adoi!!! Apa mau jadi sama ini minah? Getting worse and worse each day! I think I may need to send her for a complete overhaul!!

Thank God for my other clients who are better off now after some initial assistance from us. I think if Mrs K and Yah were the first 2 cases for me to handle, I would have already given up on this voluntary work… SIGH!

19 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Pi Bani, you've got quite a handful there. Macam mana tu?
There will always be people who will take advantage. Tapi yang kesiannya budak-budak. Keep up with the good work.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Omg Pi! How cud Yah not tell the guy tht she's hiv+? That's very irresponsible of her.

Anonymous said...

Salam K.Pi,

Yeap, there's no way but to be firm on the no-borrowing-money-rules. I pun kesian with the kids...you guys are there to help with the basics....not on every single thing....sometimes people just don't get it....

On Yah pulak, (religion put aside), she should not have hided her hiv+ and let that guy decide whether to sleep together or not...or at least take some precautions!!

-niasulaiman-

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh,
InsyaAllah boleh cope. Tapi kena planning betul-betul lah. Tu yang bila something crops up program jadi a bit tunggang langgang.

And as you said, kesian budak-budak. But macam Mrs K tu, dia tau I kesian kat budak-budak, dia suruh anak dia yang hantar SMS. Macam-macam kerenah!

Pi Bani said...

Farina,
Tu lah pasal!! I pun tak tau lah... perangai Yah sekarang ni macam budak remaja yang baru nak belajar enjoy, tak nak dengar cakap orang lain, and tak fikir akibat whenever she does anything. Padahalnya anak dah 4 orang and umur pun muda sikiiiit je dari I!

Pi Bani said...

Niasulaiman,
I rasa Yah dah tak peduli because she knows she herself won't get pregnant (the last time bersalin dah ikat terus). She's being selfish of course, tak fikir akibatnya pada orang lain. Yang selama ni we all dok campaign safe sex pun masuk telinga kanan keluar telinga kiri. Or maybe tak masuk langsung!

Hazia said...

Salam & selamat berpuasa:)
Si Yah tu tak serik2 ya? Dahlah dosa, iresponsible lagi...

Pi Bani said...

Hazia,
Yah ni agaknya tak reti pun apa makna serik ni. She seems to be getting worse each day. Sekali exposed to such "entertainment" by Mr Darling, dah tak reti nak patah balik. At least Mr Darling adalah sikit considerate... dia dok mencari HIV positive women. Yah ni tak pikir that she'd be spreading the virus to others!

And oh, selamat berpuasa to you too.

IBU said...

Salam Kak Pi

Cash flow management is not most people's vocab. Yg tak syioknya if their cash is not flowing, they expect it to be flown to them by others. Susah lerrr....

How's you mom Kak Pi? Tak sihat ker? Wish her well, semuga sejahtera selalu. Pls send my salam to your mom. I don't think she would remember me over such a brief encounter, but I sure do remember her and her pokok timun tu...

Pak Zawi said...

Pi,
As for me, I would say to the army guy, serve him right for sleeping around. I guess he may have spread the HIV to his wife who will soon be your next client.
Can't blame it on Yah alone as nobody would touch her even with a ten foot pole if one were to know that she is HIV positive. She did the right thing to serve her purpose of getting what she wanted most before the disease get the better of her.
Hopefully this will be a lesson to other males army guys or not that an easy picking doesn't always mean to be the best thing to have.
Hope your mum gets well soon.

Pi Bani said...

Ibu:
Bab cash flow management memang payah sikit for those yang cepat gelap mata bila dapat lebih sikit duit.

My mom is doing a whole lot better alhamdulillah. Takes time sikit lah to get back to normal.

Pi Bani said...

Pak Zawi:
Well yes, in a way maybe we can say serve the army guy right... but the problem is, if he then spreads it to his wife or future wife (am not sure if he is married), then there will be another innocent victim. Can't say serve the wife right, can we?

Daphne Ling said...

Aiyo Kak Pi,

This drama minggu semakin gempak lar...

And I agree...Very cruel, selfish and irresponsible of Yah not to tell the guy about her HIV+ status...

Haih...I hope they used protection...

J.T. said...

whoa ... I agree with Kak Teh. You have your hands full.

But I am glad you put your foot down so that the Ks do not take advantage of the NGO and you. It baffles me that when you try to help some people (like that low rent place) and they snub the offer. The thing is, her irresponsible actions with the EPF money ultimately affects her children. They are the innocent ones. sigh

As for Yah, sigh ...

Pi Bani said...

Daph,
I doubt they used protection. If they did the army guy wouldn't have been THAT mad...

Pi Bani said...

JT,
Actually when the K's overspent for last year's raya, the children was their excuse... kesian budak-budak nak tengok Astro... kesian budak-budak nak TV baru. You get the drift lah.

You're right... sigh!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

alamak, i missed the boat laa...

nak komen jugak, especially on Yah. so she's been sleeping around. eh jap...alaa semua dah komen about her. cehh...

kak Pi, why did the Ks declined the chance of moving into the new flat?

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Takpe, missed the boat... swim across laa... :)

The K's declined the new flat because it's not as comfortable as the terrace house they're staying in now although kadang2 bayar rental, kadang2 miss and pernah almost chased out of the house...

Anonymous said...

Thank you. We enjoyed your articles very much.

Staff of
IKLAN MALAYSIA