THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday 17 June 2009

The venue of our coming Family Day

Our annual Family Day has been fixed for the 1st Sunday of August every year - although we may have to make some adjustments in 2 years time as that day may coincide with Ramadhan.

For this year, it will be on 2nd August, just before a few of us fly off to Bali for a week for ICAAP. We have already decided where we want to go this year. After writing in an official letter seeking permission, last week we got the go-ahead from the management of the place.

I informed our fellowship coordinator about it - he's the one who is supposed to draw up the plans and make the necessary arrangements. But on Monday he called me up, telling me that he tried to arrange to go and check out the place to give us a clearer picture of what kind of activities we can organise, and to determine the exact spot where we can have our activities.

However, he was told by the operations manager to come on a weekday for that purpose. Since most of our volunteers are working full time 9 - 5, or even later than that, that left him with no choice but to pass the ball to me and another colleague who's also working on a flexi hour basis. Haiya... so balik-balik madam chair jugaklah kena do all the homework for them! Tak aci betul...

But never mind, today I went over with another orang tua to visit the place. We were shown around the place and given options on where we can have our activities. Here's a sneak preview of the place...

PH20090617162937

Where on earth is this? Here's a clue...

PH20090617170648

And here's an even clearer clue...

PH20090617163614

 

OK, no further clues on where this is. And what kind of activities we're having. I will report on that later when the time comes.

I need to go and have my bath now. I think I smell like a horse...

6 comments:

mamasita said...

Wow..a horse farm? Giddy-up horsie! Here comes Pi Bani!!

sherry said...

nak ikut..nak ikut...

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

takkan Ipoh turf club kot?

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
HAI-YO SILVER!! To the dum, to the dum, to the dum dum dum... ;)


Sherry,
Ish, orang lain pun belum bagi nama lagi, dia pulak yang dah sibuk nak ikut...


Kerp,
Nope, not turf club. Mamasita's guess is closer.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi, I wanna ride the horse too! Take me! Take me! meow meow meow...that black beauty..ooohhh...

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
Now, now... behave yourself before you scare the horse okay? I did see one or two dogs at the farm, but no cats. If I take you there, the horse may get over excited...