THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 25 June 2009

Nak join family day tak?

No, the question is not meant for my blog readers.

It's the season when I have to start calling all my PLHIV clients again. Our family day is coming up in just slightly more than a month, and we need to get the numbers and all for logistics purposes. So I've got to start asking my PLHIV clients to ask if they'd like to join our family day planned in early August.

With the long list of clients that I have, I didn't want to end up like a broken record, calling each one and repeating the whole story about the family day to each and every one of them.

I figured for a start I'd just come up with a standard text message and send the same message to all my clients; see the response from there, and then maybe call them later for follow up. So yes, I've sent text messages to Murni, Suhaila, Maria, Asiah, Jah, Fuzi, Yah, Lin, Hana, Ani, Mrs K and Razif. Zainab's phone has gone kaput so I will need to visit her to pass her the info. I haven't been in touch with Sha for quite some time so I will need to call her to make sure her number is still valid.

Nuri is very unlikely to join us as she had always been reluctant to join any of our activities - to her if she joins our activities people will know she has HIV. But I will still call her - who knows she may think differently now.

Although people like Shila and Wani call me from time to time, I will let their own buddies invite them to the family day. I already have enough people to contact!

Zana and Noni are now in KL, and I haven't been able to call them for quite some time. I was also informed by SN that Kak Som's case has been transferred to KL, and SN also confirmed that Makcik Minah had passed away some time ago (before this I only heard rumours about it, as in my posting here). So, it's definitely NO for these people.

People like Jah, our live wire, will most likely say yes. In fact every time I call her she'd expect me to invite her to jalan-jalan anywhere. But so far she has yet to reply, my guess is she ran out of credit for her hand phone. I will have to call her later.

Fuzi too would very likely say yes, as her children always love to jalan-jalan. But she has yet to reply my message, I wonder why.

Ifa, who switched off her phone the last time I tried to call her about 2 months ago, surprised me this time when she became the first to reply my SMS. She didn't say yes lah, but at least she bothered to reply saying that she'll get back to me later on whether she's joining the family day.

The first to confirm was Murni - and she's coming with a tow of 5 children - big and small.

Lin and children too are very likely to join unless they have other plans for the day. I had already told them informally about the family day when I went to visit them recently. Her youngest daughter probably thought I was joking when I named the town where we're going. To her, mention the town and the only thing that comes to her mind is a mental hospital (I bet you can guess the town I'm talking about kan?). It didn't help that my facial expression is just the same whether I'm joking or not... :)

I'm not sure yet if Sharifah will be able to join us - for the moment I am still waiting for her mom, Puan Nur, to confirm when exactly she wants to fetch Sharifah and my little Cek Mek from the shelter home and bring them home.

Sofie is definitely too weak to join us, and I'm not sure if her children would want to join without their mother coming along. I guess I will just have to ask them.

Whatever it is, I will very likely have to call my clients who don't reply my SMS by this weekend.

I sure hope I haven't missed out anybody.

4 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

NAK! NAK! NAK!

Pi Bani said...

Ish... sibuk betul kucing sekor ni lah... terus cakap Melayu nak ikut punya pasal!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

I wanna ride the pony!!!! purrr...purrr...Aunty Pi, je t'aime...purrlease?

Pi Bani said...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear... as of 5 minutes ago, I already have 8 adults and 14 children (from my list of clients) so far confirming they're joining us for the family day. Now I have to make that 8 adults, 14 children and 1 puttytat? Errr.... or does Brad want to come too? HEYELP!!