THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 26 June 2009

A little update on my little Cek Mek

Yesterday I met my friend who frequents the flat where we temporarily placed Sharifah recently. (He didn't frequent the place when Sharifah was using the place lah - otherwise sure dah kepoh satu flat!). He went over to the flat a few days ago and bumped into one of the neighbours...

Neighbour: "Mana budak perempuan yang beranak kecik hari tu?"

My friend: "Dah balik kampung dia lah."

Neighbour: "Baik betul baby tu. Suami budak perempuan tu mana? Kerja apa?

My friend: "Suaminya askar."

End of story.

Soldiers get posted to various places from time to time, so that was the first thing that came to my friend's mind to avoid further interrogation from the neighbour. Good move, I must say... although he did lie... white lie ka, yellow lie ka, purple lie ka, doesn't matter lah!

But you know what that meant? That meant despite the precautions we took to avoid exposing my little Cek Mek to the people outside, the neighbours did notice. The baby was only exposed twice. The first time was when they were just discharged from the hospital and I needed to bring them there first before sending them over to the present shelter home a few days later. There were quite a number of children playing around then but I didn't see any adults outside. The second time she was exposed was when we needed to bring her into my car to send Sharifah and my little Cek Mek to the shelter home. Again, I didn't see any adults around, just a few kids. This particular makcik who was asking my friend all those questions about Sharifah must have been peeping from the windows...

Well, since my friend brought up the story of my little Cek Mek, timbul rindu pulak kat si kecik tu. I tried calling Puan Nur to ask if she had already fixed a day to fetch her daughter and grandchild, but my calls didn't seem to get through. Oh dear, don't tell me she changed her number yet again...

So I decided to call Kak Ana, the lady running the shelter home. I wanted to know the latest progress on my little Cek Mek's checkups at the hospital. Kak Ana was in the car, together with Sharifah, and they were on their way back from another round of body massage for Sharifah.

According to Kak Ana, they just brought my little Cek Mek to the hospital earlier in the morning. The people at the hospital needed to take the little girl's blood sample for testing.

Imagine how I cringed when Kak Ana mentioned that the little baby's blood didn't seem to flow out... so they had to make a few attempts to get her blood samples. Adoiii... the little girl is just slightly over 3 weeks old.

Oh my poor little Cek Mek!!

p/s

Btw, this is my 333rd blog posting...


6 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Congrats on your 333rd posting! This cat is unfortunately as prolific as she wants to...have to fight with Mama for possession of the keyboard all the time...purrr...
Anyway, we're praying the little cutie will be OK...meow meow meow...

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
My record number of posting is for this month. Usually I have between 10 to 15 postings per month - but I think I updated my blog almost every day after my little Cek Mek was born.

Anyway, I sure hope the little girl is okay. Thanks for your prayer!

mamasita said...

333???
Fuyoo..terrorlah youu!!

Macam mana takboleh dapat CekMek punya blood samples elok2?
Pi, you kena check cepat..karang berlubang2 budak kecik tu diaorang kerjakan.

Salt N Turmeric said...

So byk post already? Macam2 cerita you for us for i really dont mind if you write more. hehe.

Yelah. Kesian cek mek. Berapa kali mau cucuk la? Budak tu belum sebulan pun lagi. sigh.

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Nak suruh I check apekemendenye? Budak tu bukan kat Ipoh kak oi. Anyway, kita yang dah tua ni pun kadang-kadang ada jenis yang susah orang nak ambik darah and kena cucuk dua tiga kali. (macam I selalu no problem, sekali cucuk terus dapat the vein) Tapi bila kena budak kecik macam tu, alaahai... I yang seriau...

Pi Bani said...

Farina,
Another post coming soon... also about my little Cek Mek. Good news lah! Pagi ni I happy!