THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Planning for some shopping and home visits…

It’s already June, and I thought by now shopping for the children’s schooling necessities would be over. But no, with new cases assigned, there are bound to be newly referred clients needing help with their children’s educational needs.

The case of Mr and Mrs Rama was referred to me recently, and with Mr Rama unable to work while Mrs Rama only works as a helper at a restaurant, they certainly need help. I’ve already assigned another volunteer to this family, however when Mr Rama called me yesterday, I was told the assigned volunteer has not called him yet.

Anyway, I do plan to go to the town where Mr & Mrs Rama are staying, to visit another client of mine, so I might as well take the opportunity to bring Mr Rama’s children to shop for whatever else needed for their schooling.

Meanwhile, there’s another family I may need to visit… an HIV+ pregnant lady who also has a 2 year old HIV+ child. Am not sure yet if she needs any help because I have neither met nor spoken to her. Her details were given to me by the staff nurse when I went for my clinic duty yesterday.

Since Ramadhan is also coming soon, I also need to schedule visits to the homes of a few of my clients, particularly those who still need help financially. This will also involve shopping as my Ramadhan rounds usually include distributing contributions of groceries to these families as well. I’m already beginning to get cash contributions from friends for this purpose.

I have not been doing home visits as often as I did back then, so I am kinda excited to get things going this time around…

No comments: