THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday 9 February 2013

Busy busy busy…

Done with back-to-school shopping, then dealing with other schooling expenses (fees/workbooks/bus fares etc), I thought by February I’d have time to relax a bit. But no, looks like I am still getting more and more requests for help in schooling expenses. The bus/van fares for some of these kids seem to be ridiculously high, with the bus/van drivers hiking up the fares particularly for those living quite far off from the rest.

Anyway, while matters involving schooling matters are slowing down, it is now time to prepare the various reports to be included in our Annual Report, in time for our AGM in March. And since I had always been the photographer for any of our events, I also need to choose and edit the photos to be included in the Annual Report. That, in addition to my Sponsorship, Children Education Fund and Chairperson’s report. And not forgetting, I will also need to read through the reports of the other coordinators before the Annual Report is printed.

So, no house visits for the moment, just the usual clinic duties, and entertaining calls from my clients, if any. Now that I’ve handed over a few of my clients to other volunteers, at least my phone doesn’t ring as often as it used to at one time.

BUT, busy as I may be, there’s always time for a break. And my kind of break? Some little caving adventure down south in Gua Batu Maloi, Negri Sembilan. Went there last Saturday with a group of adventure loving friends. Some may call it “kerja gila”, I call it… ADVENTURE! And good break indeed it was…

gbm9

gbm25 

gbm35

gbm40

No comments: