THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 2 August 2012

Less complicated cases?

Being the volunteer with the most number of clients, I don’t usually get assigned to new clients by my colleagues on clinic duty unless they really couldn’t think of anyone else for the particular client. However, of late I’ve been getting new clients… one by one… mainly Malay ladies including those over 50 years of age.

Yes, I used to get clients who are younger than me, some even young enough to be my daughter. But now the younger ones would be passed to my younger colleagues (unless they are pregnant, for whatever reason, usually I get assigned to the pregnant cases!), while the older ones get passed to me. Ehem… I wonder what that implies…

Anyway, I remember quite a number of the earlier cases passed to me were rather complicated and full of drama. Had I seen their stories on TV, I would have probably thought they were ridiculous and illogical. But after being exposed to the lives of the families I deal with, I found out that the ridiculous and illogical stories are ACTUALLY happening out there – some even worse than the stories on TV. Those who had been following my blog from the beginning would probably agree with me.

Stories like Lily’s, Lin’s, Yah’s (and Mr Darling), Zana’s… had lots of twists and turns. And not forgetting the “adventures” I had with my little Cek Mek… including sending her mom to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning to deliver the little girl!

 

But of late the cases I’m getting are not as “dramatic” as my earlier cases. Either that, or I’m getting too used to the dramatic cases, I don’t find them too dramatic anymore… ;-)

The cases I’ve been getting lately are mostly those of poor single mothers needing help for their children’s education, and of course needing some moral support as well. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem for me… I think…

Or am I speaking too soon?

 

No comments: