THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday 8 June 2010

House visits, house visits… bila mau pergi?!

Last week alone a few cases were referred to me to be considered for our sponsorship program, or at least for our Children Education Fund.

There’s Rajan, a single father (of 2 schooling kids) who’s too weak to work.

There’s Ramli, who is now bedridden and whose wives have left him to take care of 4 schooling children.

Then there’s a new case referred to me by the doctor herself. This lady goes for appointment at the Taiping hospital and we Buddies have yet to send any volunteers for support service at that hospital. So for the moment, if there are any cases which the doctor feels need financial help, she’d refer the case to us for our further action.

House visits for sponsorship assessment purposes require at least 2 Buddies to be present for the assessment. So, I don’t only have to find a suitable time when I can go, I’d also have to find a time when I can pull another volunteer to tag along.

That shouldn’t be too much of a problem in Rajan’s case, because he’s staying in Ipoh.

Ramli however, stays in a town about 1 1/2 hours drive from Ipoh. That is not inclusive of the time I’d need to find the particular kampong where Ramli’s family is staying. I’m not too familiar with the place, so I’d better get at least one male volunteer to come along. Besides, the client, a male, is bedridden, and so it’s probably best for a male volunteer to talk to him.

The third case referred by the doctor is Aza, a single mom of 4 kids, staying in a town north of Taiping. Again, unfamiliar territory and not in my GPS. But I did google to look for the town… and although I couldn’t find the specific road from my google search, I guess I can always use the AMTS system when I reach the town. Huh? AMTS? That’s Ada Mulut Tanya System…

Question now is… BILA MAU PERGI WEI??!

8 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
It's a question of: To Pi or Not To Pi. har har har *evil laughs*

Pi Bani said...

CiS,
The answer to that is definitely To Pi! The question now is Bila Pi nak pi??

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hahaha, good thing u ladies can swallow your pride to stop & ask for direction unlike some men I know, too proud to ask!!!..wink2.

Just make sure along the way when u decide to Pi, u can find PIt stop to Pee….kekeke.

Tommy

Pi Bani said...

Tommy,
Yes I noticed the male species are rather reluctant to use AMTS, aren't they? They'd rather go round and round and round...

Anyway, pergi ikut highway, so banyak PItstop along the way, meh...

Lee said...

Hi Pi Bani, is that you on the Vespa (or bicycle as pic small)?
You certainly look real cute, *wink*.
And you know, I guess when the time come for us to leave for Nirvana, I don't think we will meet....as you are an Angel reading the kind and good work you do everyday, for me....at the Gates of Nirvana will be rejected when they find whats in my pockets, arhaaaaa ha ha.

How to say help to repair car leaking radiators or broken wipers, ha ha ha. There where got cars?
Hands that help are Holier than lips that pray.....and you one of a kind, Pi Bani.

Have a pleasant week and happy are those touched and cared by you. Lee.

Pi Bani said...

Yes Lee, that's a pic of me on a Honda motorbike - I was 6 years old then. That motor tak jalanlah... :-)
(you don't tackle 6 year olds, do you?)

Hey, mau pergi Nirvana also you still wanna carry the multipurpose C ka??

mamasita said...

So..dah dapat Pi belum?
Pi mai Pi mai..dah pi?

Pi Bani said...

Pi dah pi satu, dah mai balik, nak kena pi 2 lagi!