THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday 6 March 2010

Busy week ahead

The Perak Women for Women Association (PWW) will be organising a list of activities in Jaya Jusco, Ipoh from 8th to 14th March in conjunction with International Women’s Day 2010.

Activities include information and awareness booths, health screening, blood donation drive, performances etc by various groups and organisations. Buddies too have been invited to set up our booth… in fact I was asked if Buddies would like to perform anything. Performance? I told the lady we didn’t want to spoil the whole event!!

Setting up an exhibition booth would be great, but we simply don’t have the manpower to man the booth the whole week. Understanding our situation, PWW agreed to provide us with a booth from 11th to 14th March.

Frankly, even for just 4 days I knew it wouldn’t be so easy to get enough people to man the booth. After all, the exhibition is supposed to be from 10 am right to 10 pm. So we drew up 3 shifts per day: 10am – 2pm, 2pm – 6pm and 6pm to 10pm. I suggested that the Thursday and Friday day shifts be taken up by those with flexi working hours… or the pensioners. So yep, managed to get one or two volunteers for each shift.

Monday 8th March - Although we’re only taking part from 11th to 14th, I do intend to attend the launch of the International Women’s Day celebration on Monday. Other than lending my support to PWW’s activity, I would like to have a look at the exhibition space, so it will be easier for me to decide which posters to set up at our booth later.

Tuesday 9th March - I will be giving a talk on HIV/AIDS at hai sayang’s college… hehehe…

Wednesday 10th March – Nothing confirmed yet, but I’ve heard angin-angin that I may be invited by the women’s wing of a political party to join their discussion on matters pertaining to problems faced by women. Somebody recommended my name as I deal directly with HIV women. I’m not sure yet if it’s on though… if it’s not, then Wednesday can at least be my rest day…

Thursday 11th March – My shift for the exhibition will be from 2pm to 6pm, together with another senior volunteer. But I still have to go for a short while in the morning to set up the booth before going back to my office, as the 2 volunteers on the morning shift are both quite new.

Friday 12th March – Again I will be taking the 2pm – 6pm shift, this time with a trainee volunteer.

Saturday 13th March – My off day from the exhibition as I plan to attend a blogger’s wedding in Kelana Jaya.

Sunday 14th March – Back to the exhibition… this time I will be taking the 10am – 2pm shift.

So yeah, busy week ahead. I just hope I can take the heat… with the kind of hot weather we’re getting now…

10 comments:

ray said...

Komen Pak Malim, kucing ray yg alim.

Kalau pergi ke Kelana Jaya
Singgah sebentar, berjumpa saya
Bawa sekali bunga telor
Bersama, seteko kopi 'o'

Pi Bani said...

Pak Malim,
Pergi Kelana Jaya
Dapat makan free
Pak Malim nak jumpa saya?
Tonjolkanlah diri...

Kak Teh said...

Pi Bani, minggu depan kak teh pun berlari macam ayam tanpa kepala.
Enjoy your events and the wedding dan jangan lupa pergi ke Kidsco shoot tu. am sure you'll do well as an eleven yr old! :)

mamasita said...

Pi, whos getting married on the 13th? Blogger mana..eh, macam nak jemput diri pulak..hehe

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh,
Hehehe... I will look like an elderly makcik yang dah balik jadi budak kan?

And you take care nanti bila dah berlari macam ayam tanpa kepala tu... jangan cross jalan pun macam ayam jugak!

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Just follow the link and you'll know which blogger.

Awat, nak ikut ka?

Tommy Yewfigure said...

So Pi, would u buddies be demonstrating the art of wrapping the banana during the exhibition or not :)

Why does the chicken cross the road? - To look for her missing head..muahaha.

Have fun & don't exhibit too much, always leave some for the clients imagination.(To Keep their interest alive mah)

Tommy

P/S - Sent my regards to that 'MF' Hai Sayang 4me ;))

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Fuyo Aunty Pi! Sibuknya, kalah datuk menteri nikah kahwin. purrr...meow!

Pi Bani said...

Tommy,
Hmmmm... we don't usually do the condom demo at the booth exhibits. But since the exhibition is in conjunction with International Women's Day, maybe I should show a demo on how to use the female condom? Errr... banana is not suitable for this one though... :)

Pi Bani said...

CiS,
Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been? Did you go to London to see the Queen?

And oh, siapa pulak menteri nikah kawin?