THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 12 February 2010

444

I met up with a volunteer wannabe yesterday. She found Buddies through this blog, called up our hotline number and enquired about being a volunteer. So while I was at the centre yesterday, I decided to give her a call to ask when she was free to meet up. She happened to be on leave from work, and so we agreed to meet up immediately. Within half an hour she was already at the centre.

We had a short chat while she filled in the form to become a volunteer. She asked how long I’ve been the chairperson. “4 years?” she asked. It took me quite a while to recall that I have almost completed my second year as the chairperson, but God! How come I feel as though I’ve been the chair for ages??? Adoiii…

Anyway, as trainee, this lady will have to be under the wing of one of the confirmed buddies – we usually call the senior volunteer as the “mummy” or “daddy” to the trainee… although sometimes the mummy/daddy can actually be younger than the trainee. We will have to wait until the next board meeting to decide who to be assigned as the mummy/daddy to this new trainee volunteer.

-----------------------------------------------------

I got rather fed-up with my wired broadband. The line tend to be unstable at times, and although the problem could have probably been solved by filing a complaint, I was too lazy to do so. Towards the end of last year, the phone line was down quite often. I think within a period of 6 weeks, I had to report 3 times and on all 3 occasions, the reason was “kabel kena curi”. Sigh! Well, that one was not the fault of the service provider, but having to pay the same amount every month for the broadband service despite not being able to use it fully, let’s just say I got fed-up. Phone line fixed, suddenly no electricity le pulak. I had been contemplating to “potong” a few times already, but kept giving it a second, third, fourth chance. Then one day, lightning struck, and my modem went kaput.

So I signed up for one of the wireless broadband. With my mini notebook and the USB modem, I can easily access the internet even when travelling now, without having to depend on availability of WIFI.

After I got my wireless broadband running, I went to POTONG my wired broadband. Finally! The officer did everything online there and then and once done she told me that I will still have to pay for my final bill which they would send later.

I waited for that bill to come, somehow I didn’t get any. Being the type who prefers to settle things as soon as possible, I was beginning to wonder whatever happened to that final bill. Yesterday a letter came from the service provider, I thought I could finally settle the bill. But when I opened the envelope, it wasn’t a bill. Instead it was a cheque. You see, they set off the final bill against the deposit that I had paid (and forgotten about). And there was still a balance owing to me and so they sent me a cheque.

YEE HAR!! I got myself a CNY angpow! They paid me 150!!

Yes! 150… sen lah. Yep, the cheque was for the balance of RM1.50. Adoi! Buat penat aje nak pergi bank in. Nak buat duit sekolah pun for some kids it’s not even enough for one day. But I guess the service provider too need to settle their accounts, so I may consider banking in the cheque when I have any other cheques to bank in as well. And when I do, I will be sure to use the cheque deposit machine – am not going over the counter to bank in RM1.50!!! Malufying…

Oh well, my bank charges me RM1.00 for every online transfer to other bank accounts. I guess I can use the RM1.50 to cover the bank charges for 1 1/2 transfers!

-----------------------------------------------------

So, what has the title “444” got to do with the above stories?

NOTHING!

This is my 444th posting in this blog. Sei! Sei! Sei!

SEI LOR!!

Let’s just hope this is not my final posting…

6 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
"Let’s just hope this is not my final posting…"
Yo...don't say things like that lor! Am sure you'll live to write 444 more tales, even 4,444 more!
Hip Hip Hurray!!! (444x)
purrrr....meow!

Pi Bani said...

C-i-S,
That final sentence did not end with a fullstop or exclamation mark, but with a dot dot dot. It's subject to intepretation. You can always continue with either "for the month" or "for the year" kan? And no matter how long I live, doesn't mean I'd continue updating this blog sampai bila-bila kan? As it is, I tengok dah banyak blogs that I used to frequent sekarang dah jadi blog terbengkalai.

mamasita said...

Jom jom..lets ask the cigarette company to use this rokok 444 name..yang 555 dah ada..

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Blog terbengkalai coz they don't have readers who Hip Hip Hurray them all the time...you know... purrr....meow!

Ish...Aunty Mamasita, janganlah nak promote cigarette pulak. Tak sesuai....

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
OK lah tu, siapa hisap rokok 444, sei lor!! But 555 actually reminds me of buku hutang 555 tu... hehe!

Pi Bani said...

C-i-S,
In that case you have to come and hip hip hurray me quite often ok? :)