THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 24 April 2009

Busy schedule ahead

Looks like quite a number of dates have been marked in my calendar for the coming month or so.

This Sunday, 26/4, I will be in Putrajaya, attending the launch of my alumni's building. I need to discuss some things with the committee as well. I used to be a committee member too, but that only lasted for one term - the monthly Ipoh-KL drive for the monthly committee meetings were rather taxing. When others only had to put aside half a day if there were any meetings, I had to reserve the whole day as I needed to include an additional 4 hours drive (to and fro) on the expressway. But I still do attend one-off functions like this one if time permits.

On 28/4, it's time for Buddies monthly Board Meeting.

On 9/5, I will bring my office staff for a "compulsory" tour of Gua Tempurong. During my last visit there with 2 of my office staff last year, time was limited and we didn't really plan anything proper, so we just went in for the 40 minute dry-tour. Even then, the 2 staff who tagged along were huffing and puffing up and down the steps. This time, we're going for the full 3 1/2 hour tour - going up & down the steps, then down to the lower chambers, crawling in the underground river etc. So we really need to go in the proper attire, and bring along change of clothes as well because while we are going into the cave dry, we'll be coming out wet. I've always wanted to do this, but kept postponing as I couldn't seem to get any "gang" to come along. So when the "Boss no. 1" (I am "Boss no. 2" at the office) suggested to me that we should go for this tour as some sort of "training" for the staff, to me it was "pucuk ubi dicita, ulam petai mendatang". I've even posed a challenge to the staff who are all much younger than me (the youngest one even less than half my age!), that they must make sure they don't lose out to this makcik in terms of fitness.

On 12/5, Buddies will be organising a sharing session between PLHIVs at our center. MAC (Malaysia AIDS Council) has agreed to send a PLHIV to conduct the session.

On 17/5, I will be in Putrajaya again for my alumni's Health Awareness Programme and AGM. I have been roped in to handle the committee elections. Whatever... as long as I myself don't have to be in the committee, I'm okay with it!

On 26/5, it's time for Buddies monthly Board Meeting again. This time we will call all volunteers to attend the meeting to report on the progress of their PLHIV clients.

On 31/5, I will be attending a seminar on Women in Syariah (or something like that... will only get full details later). A lady from PWW (Perak Women for Women Association) called me up yesterday asking me if I'd be interested to attend. It will be fully sponsored - seats are limited and attendance is by invitation only, so to me it's a chance not to be missed. It would be good to empower myself with more knowledge in this field as I'm dealing with quite a number of problematic women in my line of voluntary work!

The very next weekend, on 6th and 7th of June, it will be time for Buddies Retreat in Cameron Highlands.

Oh well, I think I will make full use of the long weekend next week to have a good rest. Friday next week is a public holiday in conjunction with... my birthday!

Oh yes, next week I will be celebrating my 17th birthday for the umptieth time!! Woo hoo!!

14 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

ooooo patutlah you bersemangat and aktif bukan main....baru 16 tahunnnn :D

Pi Bani said...

Naz,
See the leg lah... ;)

Kak Teh said...

Pi Bani, oooh rupanya yr birthday pun sama dengan mine - stuck at 17!!!

Pi Bani said...

kah teh,
Sebayalah kita... I pun tak taulah... nak kata reti mengira sampai angka 17 je, hari2 dok buat accounting work. ;)

IBU said...

Kak Pi!!!

When exactly is ur birthday? Happy 17th Birthday ...

Schedule pack, ngalahkan new PM. Ahaks..... tapi good lar, 17 kan? Still abundance of energy! LOL!!!

Pi Bani said...

Ibu,
The day my mom went into labour to give birth to me, is now called Labour Day.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

the thing i enjoyed most during my last trip to Cameron was the wee hour journey through NKVE. sampai simpang pulai 630pagi, just in time to catch the sunrise while ascending.

tapi akak dari sana. sejam sampai la kot?

Pi Bani said...

kerp,
I tak pernah lalu lagi jalan tu, so tak reti nak agak sangat. And it has ages since i last went to Camerons.

But yes, I guess 1 hour is about right...

ray said...

Komen Pak Malim, kucing ray yg alim.

Pi, kalau pergi ke Putrajaya
Singgah sebentar, berjumpa saya
Kita makan ikan sardin
Sambil duduk, di tepi kantin

mamasita said...

Pi!
I thought so! Betul lah I teka your age! Sweet 17!! Patutlah you have so much energy and takboleh duduk diam!
Not fair lah!!hehe

Pi Bani said...

Pak Malim,
Saya pun teringin nak jumpa Pak Malim, kata Pi Bani yang perasan slim. Tapi takkan nak ratah ikan sadin je kot, kata Pi Bani sambil makan biskut.

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
I ni bukan sebarang sweet 17 tau. Sweet 17 ni dah mula menopausal symptoms. Hahaha!

emilio said...

Hi Pi,
Happy birthday..sure you'll win hands down against your juniors when it comes to physical exertions, you're not exactly lagging in sports at school if I remember correctly.

Pi Bani said...

Emilio,
Ahh... can't access your profile... I wonder who you are. Must be an OG.

Sports in school? Well yeah, but right now any sentences to describe my involvement in sports has to be constructed in the past tense!