THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 16 October 2008

Getting to know me?

“Getting to know you, getting to know all about you…
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me…”


Remember this song? I’m not really the kind who remembers lyrics to any songs, but I do remember bits and pieces here and there, especially catchy songs like the ones in the movie Sound of Music.

So, what has this song got to do with my posting this time? Actually, I’ve been tagged. While I’m not the type who likes doing tags, how can I say no to Ahmad Kerpov, the bugger blogger who tagged me for this one.

Getting to know me it is… but getting to know ALL about me?? Naaah… I don’t think so!

Here are 15 things about me you may or may not already know…

#1. I’ve got taggophobia. Yep, I hate doing tags. Those who have been following this blog from the beginning would already know this by now. But not wanting to be a spoil sport, I still tend to oblige, albeit reluctantly. (Yo Kerpov, hang punya pasai aku buat jugak tau!)

#2. I don’t use lipstick. Lip balm yes, lip stick no. If you need a different colour for your lips, there’s something cheaper you can use. Use the lastik! The red/blue/purple/black colour on your lips will last longer I assure you. Not that I’ve used it before for my own lips… I prefer original colour.

#3. I’ve never been married (maybe men are put off by the lastik above…hehehe) but am not at all awkward with soalan-soalan cepumas like “anak berapa orang” and the likes. Of course when I was younger the soalan cepumas would be more of “Bila nak kawin?” and I’d usually just selamba-ly say, “Eh, dah hari tu. Tak dapat jemputan ke?” – causing the penyoal-penyoal cepumas to become speechless and thus, no further questions asked.

#4. Way back in primary school, I used to love to eat canned sardines. Every time I went to the nearby shop, the moment the guy saw me he’d ask, “Ikan sardin eh?” I assume that was how I managed to come up with my muka sardin and the ability to selamba-ly answer the soalan-soalan cepumas in #3 above.

#5. I am a serious joker. Seriously. With my muka sardin acquired from #4 above, I am able to make jokes looking so serious. Those who don’t know me well may not know whether I am joking or not. People who meet me for the first time may think I am such a serious and garang person.

#6. I was born in 1382. Serious. No joke. I swear!

#7. I have a “deadly stare” many people are scared of. This ability/disability was very handy in school particularly when I was in form 6 and became the headgirl. I didn’t really have to say anything whenever the students did anything wrong. I just stared at them and they got the message. There was once when a girl got ill and needed a prefect to bring her to the sickbay. Her dorm-mates came to my room (the only prefect’s room at that particular block) to look for a prefect and since my other room-mates were not around; I had to attend to this girl. The moment I got to the dorm, the dorm-mates went to the girl (who was lying weak in bed) and told her, “Jom! Kak Pi dah datang.” That very instant, the girl sat straight up and exclaimed, “KAK PI??!!!” See… she didn’t need any medicine. A serious-looking headgirl was enough to scare the germs out of her.

#8. Despite my muka sardin, I am lousy at acting. Am definitely not an insan seni I know. The only time my acting made an impact was in form three. That too because all I had to do was to be myself – it was a mock fairytale and my role was as the wicked witch.

#9. I was very active in sports during my school days. I was a school hockey player and a school runner (but I did not run away from school). Being active in sports was one way to get out of the school gates more often – having matches in other schools, jogging at the lake gardens for our training etc. Yep, in shorts and all but tak sexy langsung!

#10. I was also a school debater. That was another way to get out of the school gates often, only this time in more proper attire.

#11. People often think I’m either a teacher or an ustazah. Once at a petrol station, the pump attendant came over to my car and asked, “Nak isi berapa cikgu?” Another time I was at the market and the chicken seller asked, “Tak mengajar ke hari ni cikgu?” Then there was another time at the hospital, the nurse asked, “Ustazah ni cari siapa?” Of course, these people are not aware how separuh tiang I am.

#12. I must have been a fan of weightlifting events when I was small. I used to put both my hands behind by head and say “APECHI”! (that’s a budak pelat’s version of angkat besi, by the way…)

#13. After my STPM, I applied to do either law or mass communication. I was offered something else instead and that was how I ended up as a qualified company secretary. All is not lost though. They wouldn’t offer me law, I became a loyar buruk. They wouldn’t offer me mass communication; I am doing my own communication with the masses through this blog. I still achieved my ambition.

#14. I don’t easily give up but I do tend to easily give in. Heck! How did you think I ended up doing this tag?!

#15. I hate doing tags. Hmmm… have I mentioned that already? Of course I have. I am purposely ending this with the same fact just to remind readers of my taggophobia.


So, there you have them! As always, I am not tagging anybody else. But if any of you readers are interested to do this, please tag yourselves!

And ohh, before I forget, for #6 above, please refer the Hijri calendar, ok? I am not antique yet and I certainly don't belong to any museum.

18 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Muka sardin? Now, how on earth am I going to mash sardines for my sardine rolls without thinking of you?

david santos said...

Hi, Pi bani!
Great work. Congratulations!!!
Terima Kasih.

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh:
Takpe, go ahead and mash those sardines and imagine you tengah lenyek muka I. Hmmm... good therapy for those yang nak lepas geram kat I kan? Hey, I'd rather have them lenyek those sardines than lenyek my face. ;)


David:
Hey, how are you doing? Thanks for dropping by.

Pak Zawi said...

Pi,
First may I congratulate Ahmad Kerpov for his success in making you do the tag. Knowing your phobia (or hate) to being tagged, it was a no means feat by Ahmad Kerpov.
Frankly it is a joy reading this piece from you. Thanks for the enjoyable read. I have a good start for today.

Pi Bani said...

Pak Zawi:
Kerp ni memang nak kena lastik dengan I...

Unknown said...

Akak...
You are areal sport la... walau hate2 pun buat juga.... salute ni kak..tabik spring!

yes, you mmg joker and I love you for whoever you are... you complement me... you joker I kuat ketawa...Muahahahaha....

Pi Bani said...

RG:
Eh, jangan ketawa kuat sangat... nanti semput kang susah pulak!

Kama At-Tarawis said...

hahahaha Pi - u ni memang sadin betul... I like your answers, especially no 11 sebab I selalu kena the same.."tak ngajar ke arini cikgu?" I dont know where the cikgu look comes from.

Pi Bani said...

Kak puteri:
You pun orang ingat cikgu juga? Your cikgu looks probably came from your chemistry teacher kot... ;)

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

1. the main reason I tagged you.
3. I remember when we were first ‘acquainted’, I addressed you as puan…hehe
9.somehow schools in ipoh are famous for field hockey. My brother was from Anderson, and represented perak at some point.
11.couldn’t agree more. Ada rupa ustazah.
14.because I’m too charming to turn down my request, right?

Muahahaha…thanks for being such a sport. You’re definitely spared from the next tag that could be making its round.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

pak Z,

i know she wouldnt turn down a charming guy like me...muahahahaaaa...

Salt N Turmeric said...

no.5 memang dah terkenal seantare dunia! loyar buruk pun orang dah tau dah.

bab2 jelingan maut tu maknanya kita serupa. cuma i tak layak jadi headgirl. those jelingan were reserved to the boys as a warning jgn nak mengada2.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp:
Eh, dalam your own posting of 15 random facts about yourself, how come you tak sebut pun yang you ni perasan charming? ;)

Anyway, masa I jadi school hockey player tu bukan masa kat Ipoh tapi di Seremban. And taklah sampai jadi state player - sekadar estate player je layak...

Pi Bani said...

Farina:
Michael pernah kena you punya jelingan maut tak? Ish, kalau Michael mesti you bagi jelingan manja kan? :)

Mine bukan jelingan but renungan maut!

wanshana said...

Kak Pi,

#3 and #4 - I like :)

Pi Bani said...

Wanshana:
You like? I oso like... I like makan sardin and I like muka sardin... :)

Anonymous said...

Komen Pak Malim, kucing ray yg alim.

Maaf jika saya mengacau, kata Pak Malim sambil meracau. Tumpang tanya, adalah harimau dlm gambar itu, rimau betul? kata Pak Malim sambil meminum susu botol. Nampak macam sepupu saya, kata kucing ray yg kaya. Kalau puan makan sadin, boleh tak kongsi sama dgn saya, kata Pak Malim sambil memakai baju kebaya.

Pi Bani said...

Alamak, Pak Malim sudah mari; kata Pi Bani sambil tegak berdiri.

Dalam gambar tu anak singa, bukan rimau; kata Pi Bani sambil makan limau. Anak singa betul di zoo Taiping; kata Pi Bani sambil tayang pinggang ramping.

Nak kongsi makan? Tu kena beli tin besar punya sadin; kata Pi Bani sambil buat muka sadin.