THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday 20 July 2008

Family Day Showdown?

2 weeks to go to the Buddies Annual Family Day. While I am not sure if I’d be able to join this year’s fun in Taiping Zoo due to uncertainties on the date of my mother’s knee operation, as much as possible, I still get involved (read: menyibuk) in the preparations. Besides, most of the PLWHA clients and their families joining the trip are MY clients. Fuzi plus 5 children and Lin plus 5 children already make a dozen!! Also joining are Jah, Zainab (plus husband and 2 kids), Yah (and son) and not forgetting Hana (with her 3 children and her mother as well).

Ahah… notice both Lin’s and Yah’s names up there?

One is Mr. Darling’s ex-wife and the other is Mr. Darling’s stalker!! Yep, if things go as planned, Lin and Yah will finally meet each other.

Initially I thought neither of them was going to make it. Lin, as I had explained here, has to work on Sundays and taking leave means earning less. But I guess after discussing with her children and thinking things over, she probably figured that this is a good opportunity for her to bring her children makan angin.

As for Yah, I couldn’t seem to contact her of late. Neither could my colleague. But coincidentally, last week Yah called up my colleague to ask about something and so my colleague took the opportunity to inform her about the family day. A few days later she called to confirm that she’d be coming along with her son.

And why haven’t I been able to contact Yah lately? Apparently, she got herself a new number. I’m not sure if she had lost her old phone or whatever, but when she called my colleague recently (she got my colleague’s number from Mr. Darling), she did ask for my phone number. However, to date, she has yet to call me.

So, do you think the unthinkable will happen when they meet up? Frankly I don’t think so. Even if I’m able to join, I will only introduce them as fellow PLWHAs. I don’t intend to mention anything about their relationship with the romeo. It would be an awkward situation of course if Mr. Darling himself also attends. I wonder how he’d react seeing both Yah and Lin there at the same time! But Mr. D didn’t want to be assigned a buddy, and so he is not our client. As such, he is not invited to join.

The only way for both Lin and Yah to find out about each other is if Yah asks Lin the right questions… like “Tinggal di mana?” and when Lin mentions the town; Yah may say “Oh, saya ada kawan tinggal kat sana. Kat kampong xxx.” Then Lin, upon hearing the name of the kampong, which so happens to be the kampong she used to stay in when she was still married to Mr. D, may ask for the name as she knows quite a number of people in the kampong. And then Yah will mention Mr. D’s name… and TADAA!! There you go!

That, of course, is just part of my imagination. We will not know the actual script until D-day comes. Even if I’m not able to join the Family Day, I will make sure I get updates from my colleagues! I am after all, my NGO’s kay-poh-Chair!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam ziarah from dublin.. :)

Anonymous said...

Let's hope everybody keeps their mouth shut then, and that MR D doesn't make an unexpected appearance (yeah, I know he wasn't invited)...

Otherwise, you're gonna have a Bollywood drama...;)

~Daphne Ling~
(Can't sign in lar)

Pi Bani said...

Jhazkitaro,
Bloghopping ke jetsetting? :)

Pi Bani said...

Daph,
Lantaklah if the two of them find out about each other...

As for Mr D, the only way for him to make an appearance is if Yah pandai-pandai without our permission pull him to come along! Then yes, we may have a Bollywood drama. (I'm now imagining Yah and Mr D lari-lari keliling zoo... hehehe!)

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

Kak Pi, if you could make it then its better you to stick with one of them and try to stay as far as possible from the other one. like you said la, a single q would just hit it off and hell sure to break loose...hehe...

i dont mean to sound mean but i wonder how the drama would unfold if they found out about it. catfight! hehehe...

so by hook or by crook, they must never know. it'll ruin all the fun for everyone.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Hell will break loose? Naaah... I don't think so lah. Knowing Lin, after her divorce (which she herself asked for sebab dah tak tahan dok dengan Mr D) she's not at all bothered if Mr D goes out with anyone else. As for Yah, well, I dunno, dengar cerita terkini dia dah ada kawan baru. Tak taulah... entah-entah lepas belajar dari Mr D ni, Yah pun dah jadi casanova? Ooops, wait... female version... that should be what? Casanona? Haha!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

hahahaha...casanona...

yea, rasanya Lin sendiri tak kuasa nak jealous. and if they ever found out, Yah will feel the most awkward between the two.

Nightwing said...

Helo Kak,

Hope it will be a good family outing and no...hehe..'showdown'.