THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Various updates

Today I sent over some foodstuff over to the K's. In addition to the Raya cookies, I also had an additional pack of rice, sugar and a bottle of cooking oil; plus some other used clothes still in good condition. The last batch of clothes I sent were only suitable for Mrs K, this time I had some suitable for the daughter as well.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow morning before I go to my office, I intend to send Raya cookies to Rosnah and her daughter. Rosnah did mention earlier that this week she'd be working on afternoon shift, so she should be home tomorrow morning.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anita sent me a text message today, asking about her IC and her son's BC. I called her back, telling her we'd proceed after Raya since right now everybody seems to be busy with Raya preparations. She said she and her baby are okay at the new home. She also asked if I'd be visiting them for Raya. Adoi, so many people to visit la for Raya...

Anyway, I spoke to Kak Ana last week and according to Kak Ana, Anita seems to be very rajin at the home. She helps with the sweeping and all, and without anyone asking her, she volunteers to help bathe the younger children. I guess she is so used to being the "slave" at her sister's house, she doesn't feel comfortable not doing anything.

Due to her family upbringing however, she doesn't know how to pray, and so Kak Ana will teach her.

---------------------------------------------------------

As for myself - I've mowed the lawn (yes, puasa, puasa juga... rumput tetap kena mesin!). Tomorrow to shop for some needs before the family gathers this weekend. Friday, to clear up my ever messy table at home. Saturday, got to cook lah!

My office will be closed for the whole of next week. BLISS!

6 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

takpe, its never too late to learn for anita. yang penting she really wants to learn.

soo...rumah penoh la this weekend? seronok opah.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Don't overdo it, OK? We won't be there to give you a massage when you're all tired and spent. Which office is closed? We thought you work 24/7.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Yep, we can understand Anita's situation. Orang yang lagi tua dari dia pun ada yang baru nak belajar, so definitely it's not too late for her to learn.

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
Overdo what? I'm just doing my normal routine. Massage? There's a massage chair at home lah, can have my massage anytime (unless suddenly no electricity lah!).

Yang tutup seminggu tu will be my "cari makan" office lah. Voluntary work memang 24/7 but doesn't mean I will layan every call that comes in during my Raya break...

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
If I call, would you "layan" me? Purrr.... purrr....

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
That depends... if you speak in meow language, I'll pass you to the stray cats outside my house... :)