THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday 1 September 2009

A little update on Anita

No, Anita is still not back in Ipoh. Her bags of clothes and milk powder for her little boy are still in my car. Despite travelling light (well, the boy wasn't that light lah...) the other day, looking as though at the most she'd only travel for 2 or 3 days, it has been 5 days now and she's still at her home state.

But she did call me, three times including this morning's phone call.

The first call was the update I included in my previous posting on her "escape". The second call was on Saturday. By then she had gone to her late sister's house, hoping her brother-in-law would have a copy of the SIL's birth cert. Too bad, he didn't. Anita then asked me what to do.

Knowing that Anita had other sisters (although she didn't sound too fond of them, and likewise, they, of her), I asked her to try get a copy of birth cert of at least one of her other sisters. We just needed to show that they share the same mother, and that the mother was already a Malaysian.

Since Anita is now at her home state, and her eldest sister stays in the same state, Anita decided to go to this sister's house. No doubt before this they didn't get along too well, but I was hoping the sister would at least have a little pity on Anita. Anita just needed copies of supporting documents, that's it. And the sister doesn't even have to post the documents, Anita's there to collect the documents herself.

Well, this morning a call came in from Anita. The moment I answered the call, she immediately passed the call to another lady - Anita's eldest sister. The sister told me the only document they have is their mother's death cert. I asked if she still has her own birth cert. She said yes, but then asked if a copy of her IC would do. I suppose like most of us, since we already have our ICs, when people ask for our birth certs, we'd have to search high and low for it. Likewise with Anita's sister.

But ICs don't show our mother's name, and so her sister's IC wouldn't prove anything. Meaning, yes, I'd still need a copy of the sister's birth cert, and yes, the mother's death cert. And whatever other documents they can produce.

Alhamdulillah, the fact that Anita's sister herself spoke to me at least indicated that she was willing to help out with that bit of giving copies of the supporting documents. Or at least I hope so.

For now, I am still not sure when Anita is coming back to Ipoh. Or if she still wants to go to the shelter home. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, her eldest sister had mellowed and opened up her heart to accept Anita? Maybe the little boy managed to melt her heart? Maybe there is no need for part 2 of "The Escape"? Yeah, who knows... (but I'm not putting my hopes up too high though)

Whatever it is, I hope Anita will not give me short notice and call me in the middle of the night to tell me she's at the Ipoh bus station. I told her earlier that if she needed me to send her to the shelter home when she comes back, if possible she'd need to get a bus which will reach Ipoh in the morning (or at least during daytime), and she should call me once she buys her bus ticket so I'd know when to expect her.

I have my own life to lead too...

9 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

Alhamdulillah. Im glad the other sister sounded willing to help Anita. I hope that would be the end of her ordeal.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

I'm with Far. glad this one sister still has some heart to help out. bak kata pujangga, air dicincang tak akan putus.

p/s- tried to view the video you sent but need a username and password la...eh, tu video apa kak Pi?

Pi Bani said...

Farina,
I too hope the sister was sincere in helping out. But even then, Anita has still got a long way to go to get her IC done. Am sure she'll need to go through interviews and sumpah-menyumpah and entah berapa kali turun naik JPN. I just hope tak kena tendang sana-sini macam bola.

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Video? Oh, you mean the link I sent you? That's the link to one of NTV7's Breakfast Show. Ada short report on ICAAP Bali that I went to recently. Adalah keluar muka minah Ipoh sorang tu bercakap kejap sambil pegang buddy bear. ;)

Anonymous said...

Pi, ni Shadiah (Shady TKC). Please can you send me yr e mail address urgently.

Ramadan Kareem

Pi Bani said...

Shady,
It's pibani@yahoo.com

mamasita said...

Pi..even if Anita call you at odd hours you akan go to her rescue..I tau nyer..sebab you're Pi Bani!

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Don't be too sure about that. Kes Sharifah dulu lain... pasal dia nak beranak, and bab beranak ni tak boleh suruh tunggu. Si Anita ni kalau dia call I tengah-tengah malam buta, and kalau I pergi jemput dia sekalipun, I nak hantar dia pi mana? I cannot bring her back to my home. So mau tak mau dia kena tunggu siang jugak...

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

ooo...pinjam la username and pw...boleh nonton muka sorang akak dari ipoh tu dalam televisen...