THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday 24 September 2009

Raya still...

My house is back to quiet mode now. My suku sakat kaum kerabat have gone back to their respective homes and so it's just me and my mother at home. I am still on leave though. My office is closed for the whole week.

We (my mother & I) have therefore decided to start our puasa enam today. I will however need to take a break this weekend as I intend to do some raya visits, and I shall continue with the puasa enam next week.

Quite a few of my PLHIV clients either called or sent me text messages to wish me Selamat Hari Raya. Both Sharifah and her mom sent me text messages - in fact Puan Nur even said "rindu lama tak jumpa". Yeah right, macamlah dulu selalu sangat jumpa... :-)

Murni called me a few days before raya. At first I thought she had a favour to ask from me. Most of my clients would usually call me only when they need something. But no, Murni called simply to ask how I was doing, and also to convey her raya wishes to me. How sweet of her.

Fuzi, Asiah and Anita too sent me text messages. However, Anita sent me not one, but a few SMS. First to reply my raya wish to her. Then to tell me that Kak Ana (whom she now has started calling Mama) had brought her and her son shopping for baju raya. Then to say that Papa (Kak Ana's hubby) made some nasi impit. Then to ask me when I'd be coming to visit them at the home. I told her I was busy with my own family so I wouldn't be able to visit her anytime soon.

Yesterday she called me again, to ask what I was doing, and when I'd be coming to visit. Aduuuh...

At first it occurred to me that maybe Anita kept on asking when I'd be visiting because she doesn't like it at the shelter home. But come to think of it, her text messages about going shopping for raya etc made it sound as though she was quite excited with the whole experience. I guess her own Raya prior to this had never been as meriah for her.

And I noticed that Anita has started calling me Kak Afizah. Before this she kept calling me Cik Afizah despite me describing myself as kakak everytime I spoke to her. In fact, in her text messages before this, she kept spelling my name as Encik Afizah - I was wondering why at first... but then I remembered Anita never went to a proper school. The fact that she knows how to read is good enough, so I'm not going to complain about her using the wrong words or salutations...

Anyway, I intend to go for my raya visits this weekend, starting with Sofie's family. For one thing, her place is nearer than the shelter home Anita is staying in. In addition to that, Sofie's 7 year old daughter had asked earlier if I'd be coming to visit them for Raya. So yeah, I'll visit Sofie's family first.

The rest... maybe after I complete my puasa enam...

7 comments:

Kama At-Tarawis said...

selamat berpuasa dan beraya enam, pi.. semoga Allah memberkati sentiasa.

kenari said...

slmt berpuasa enam...minggu depan beraya lagi sekali ;)

Pi Bani said...

Kak Puteri & Kenari,
Thank you. Yes, minggu depan insyaAllah raya lagi sekali!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Am still waiting for my "duit raya"...hehehehe....meow! Where's my tuna rendang?

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
Duit raya? Go to my virtual open house and try to scratch out the money from your mama's computer...

Tuna rendang tak main lah!

Kak Teh said...

oh kak afizah raya sakan! banyak lawatan dan kunjung mengunjung. selama raya posa nam.

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh,
Rasanya tahun ni memang lebih sikitlah my raya rounds. Last year I took time off because my mother just had her knee op then and so my focus was more on her. Raya posa nam insyaAllah by end of next week...