THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday 2 September 2008

This and that...

A few members of Buddies attended our anniversary lunch on Merdeka Day. Anniversary? No, it wasn't the anniversary of the setting up of Buddies, but the anniversary of the official "opening" of our center. Prior to that, we had our meetings at the residence of the chairperson then. Ahh, we'd celebrate anything as long as there's makan-makan involved...

---------------------------------------------------------

I went to Pasar Ramadan yesterday. There sure are lots of food stuff there. From all sorts of kuih to all sorts of lauk-pauk to all sorts of drinks. From nasi ayam to nasi tomato to nasi kerabu to nasi dagang to nasi lemak. From murtabak to rojak pasembor to satay. And hey, you can even register for Streamyx at Pasar Ramadan!!

Anyway, the kuih-muih were sold at 3 for RM1; or if you don't wish to buy 3, it's one for 40 sen. That reminds me of one or two years ago at the same Pasar Ramadan, on the first day of Ramadan, there was this one particular seller (whom I bet only sells during the month of Ramadan) who wanted to keep up with the rest who sold at 3 pieces for RM1. Proudly written at his stall was...

KUIH-MUIH

1 = 30 sen

3 = RM1

Hmmm... you tell me why I would want to buy more than 2 kuih at that stall?! Even if I did, I'd buy maximum 2 at a time and return again to buy another 1 or 2 or more. The other stalls by the way sold at 35 sen each or 3 for RM1.

The next time I went, the 3 for RM1 was no longer on offer by that particular seller... :-)

--------------------------------------------------------

The other day I was at a shopping center and as I was walking past the various shop lots, I got attracted to a sign posted at one of the shops. The sign read:

VACANCY: FULL TIME FEMALE

Hmmm... I am female all the time so I guess that makes me a full time female, right? Now, I wonder if that shop had ever employed a part-time female, and if so, I wonder what became of that person the other part of the time... a male?

---------------------------------------------------------

Then there was this banner by the roadside where they collected recyclable goods. The banner read:

PUSAT KITAR SEMULA ORANG-ORANG TUA xxx (name withheld)

Gee, I never knew they could recycle old folks?

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry folks, sounds like I have nothing better to do, huh? Just trying to see the lighter side of things. Actually there are so many matters that need my attention at the office, so I'd better resort to working mode right NOW!!!

18 comments:

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Salam sis,
I'm one of your silent readers.. but this time i just gotta leave a comment :)

I too selalu tergelak bila baca benda-benda camtu... I read once at a kedai runcit - "Di sini ada jual t*tek" - I guess the owner was just trying to sell "itik"..LOL!

Pi Bani said...

DDI:
Thanks for dropping by.

Waa... t*tek also they sell, ah? Comes with milk or not? ;)

Unknown said...

Gee. Little mistakes with sooo deeep meeeaning.....

Pi Bani said...

Akmal:
Sooo deeeep meeeaning?

Beeee moooore caaaarefoool lar... :)

Kak Teh said...

pibani - next time ambik gambar benda2 macam tu. During one of our trips home, I saw a florist with the name: De Flowering Corner.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

muahahaha...lawak. 1 kuih for 30sen, 3 for rm1. good strategy. dia lebih kurang macam 'buy 1 get 1' la camtu.

once i read a promo sign at the Curve- 'Guys shoe also have'.

Salt N Turmeric said...

adoi Pi. kelakar gila yg fulltime female tu. tapi memang dari dulu lagi i selalu nampak orang jual kuih 1@30s and 3@rm1. ntah apa2 ntah.

p.s. i miss miss miss pasar ramadhan!

Chahya said...

I guess it's still not too late to wish Salam Ramadhan & selamat berpuasa to you.

Pi Bani said...

Kak Teh:
I ni bukan jenis yang ambik gambar sana sini except kalau memang pergi trips mana-mana. So bila terserempak benda-benda macam ni tak terpikir nak ambik gambar altho' my handphone ada camera. Lain kali nak kena alert sikitlah bab-bab ni... (ala Kak Teh, I ni bukannya wartawan...)

Pi Bani said...

Kerp:
Buy 1 get 1 lah. Kadang2 ada juga yang buy 1 free 1... padahalnya harga yang 1 tu dah lebih dari cukup to cover for 2...

Pi Bani said...

Farina garam kunyit:
Ala ciaaaan... time bulan posa ni tambah2 lah rindu kat kampong halaman eh?

Chahya:
Thanks for dropping by and selamat berpuasa to you too.

david santos said...

Helo, pi bani!!!!
Thanks my friend.
Great!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I love you.

David Santos

Hi&Lo said...

Pi Bani,

Your sense of humour is very infectious.

Selamat Berpuasa Al-Mubarak

Pi Bani said...

David:
Hey, haven't "seen" you around for some time. Thanks for dropping by and all the best to you!


Hi&lo:
Sense of humour is my sixth sense!

Daphne Ling said...

Hey Kak Pi,

Haha! Funny lar you...Very bad also lar, teasing all these poor people who not very linguitically-apt ;)

Anyway, I wanted to say hi to you...So, hi!!!

Pi Bani said...

Daph:
HI!!!!

Eh, I memang jenis suka sakat (tease) orang lah. What to do... born like that... :)

Unknown said...

Akak! Salam and love to u...

You make me smile la with your entry ni...

thamk you nad God bless!

Pi Bani said...

Raden Galoh:
Hey sis, good to see you bouncing!

Keep up that positive attitude of yours, okay?