THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday 22 February 2010

Good news, bad news…

I was shopping for some personal things this afternoon when I suddenly saw a familiar face that I didn’t expect at all to see, of all places, at a hypermarket in Ipoh. Without mistake, the person I saw was definitely Anita. Anita? Hmmm… what was she doing in Ipoh? And at a hypermarket?

I knew very likely she wasn’t there alone, so I looked around her. Yep, saw Kak Ana! And there was a little toddler in a pram – who else could it be other than… my little Cek Mek!! Woohoo!!

I went over to them. Kak Ana had brought Anita to the hospital earlier to see SN and since they ran out of diapers for the little ones, Kak Ana decided to go to the hypermarket to shop for the needs of the infants at her shelter home.

Cek Mek is no longer as chubby as she used to be. Oh well, the last I saw her, all she did was eat, sleep, eat, sleep. Now? Well, she’s almost 10 months old (wah, so fast??!) and dah buas, so yeah, that explains why she’s no longer chubby! But she has not lost that old selamba aka muka sadin looks… just like her Opah Pi… heheheh…

The little girl still has to go for follow ups at the hospital and get her blood tested, but alhamdulillah, so far so good.

On another note, I got a call tonight from Sofie’s number. At first I thought it was Sofie herself. But it turned out to be Sofie’s sister. Sofie was the one who asked her to call me to inform me that she was unwell and that they were waiting for a neighbour’s car to help bring Sofie to the hospital. According to the sister, Sofie was too weak to get up.

Hmmm… I’m wondering if her condition is back to square one… like when I first met her? Looks like I have to rearrange my plans for this week – instead of visiting Lin first, I’d probably better visit Sofie first.

I sure hope it’s nothing serious though…

6 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Pls keep us informed of Sofie's progress, ye? I hope the children will cope, whatever the outcome is. purrr...meow!

Pi Bani said...

CiS,
I definitely will update this blog with her progress. Only problem is I'm not sure when I will be able to visit her. Lots of things to do lah. Hopefully I can visit her tomorrow at least.

mamasita said...

Doa2 Sofie sembuh setakat mana yang boleh..kesian dia..sedih dengar dia very sick..

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
I rasa Sofie ni bukan apa, unlike some people yang asyik menunggu bantuan datang, Sofie ni baru rasa sihat sikit dah nak cuba cari kerja sebab dia tak nak terlalu bergantung kat orang. Anak-anak pun tengok mak dah sihat sikit, depa nak bermanja baliklah dengan dia. Ni dah tumbang balik...

sherry said...

Really hope Sofie takder apa2 . Semangat dia kuat kan..

Pi Bani said...

Sherry,
Semangat Sofie memang kuat. Kalau orang lain macam dia mau dah give up hope. I baru call dia tengahari ni tadi. Alhamdulillah kakak Sofie from up north ambik cuti seminggu so she can take care of the kids at home. InsyaAllah esok baru I pi tengok depa.