THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday 18 October 2009

Rambutan anyone?

It's Sunday... guess what I did today?

Mow the lawn? Nope, did that a few days ago.

Join the crowd at the Perak Stadium for the 1Malaysia thingy? Nope, I usually stay away from big crowds (except in Makkah/Medinah).

I actually climbed a tree. Seriously, I did!

A rambutan tree to be exact - the rambutan gading tree. Usually I'd just use a pole to get the ripe fruits, but there were so many of the ripe rambutans high up on the tree, not reachable with the pole... even after getting on a ladder.

Since today I didn't have to worry about rushing for time to go to the office, I decided to climb the tree and cut down the most tempting-looking branch - the one with the most of those ripe yellow rambutans.

Oh, I didn't climb too high up lah... got up the ladder onto one of the branches... found myself a comfortable and rather safe position before I used my golok to cut down the branch. And yes, managed to get a few basket-loads of rambutans. Gave some to my neighbour and some to an aunt who stays nearby.

I reserved a small basket for my blog readers. So here, help yourselves...


:-)

16 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

nampak cam hijau je...tak kelat ke kak pi?

mamasita said...

Alahai Pi..buat lecur jer airliur..yelaah..it looks hijau lagi! You kuat tul menyakat kitaorang!

Puteri said...

Adui, pi, kedekut nyer you! Satu bakul buat semua pembaca blog, you?! Mana ler cukup! You panjat pokok, dua guni you dapat ... eh ...heheheheh.

Wah, not bad you, can still climb trees! I can't remember the last time I climbed a tree!!

Naz in Norway said...

Eh! tak lekang la....go climb and get more, woman!!! :D

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
Dalam gambar tu nampak a bit greenish sebab kena direct sunlight from the windows and I pun guna phone camera je. So the bulu yang hijau nampak lebih menyerlah dari kulitnya yang sebenarnya very kuning already. Nope, not kelat at all. The isi is tebal, manis and lekang.

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Sorrylah, hobby I memang menyakat orang... (kadang2 kucing pun kena sakat jugak... hehehe!)

Pi Bani said...

Puteri,
Cukup la sebakul kecik tu. You ambik banyak mana pun dia akan remain banyak tu jugak kan? ;)

I berani climb trees pun tengok keadaan pokok lah - must make sure tempat pijak cukup selamat dulu and panjat pun tak berani tinggi sangat.

Pi Bani said...

Naz,
Eh, siapa kata tak lekang... lekanglah. Kalau you jumpa yang tak lekang, campak balik dalam bakul tu; ambik yang lain!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Must show us the picture of you climbing the tree...! Anyway, rambutan is not catfood. Unless it's tuna flavored. My Mama says you're so mean coz now she's hankering for some and the only ones we could find here are the canned variety. meow!

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
How la to take pictures of myself climbing the tree?

Your mama says I'm mean? Tell her I said what to do... born like that... ;)

Anonymous said...

Pi (now known as Tarzan Rimba),

Tak kan rambutan aje? Tak de ke durian, belimbing manis, mangosteen? Kat S'pura sekarang ni, asyik2 papaya hijau, asyik2 mangga masam. Sampai mata I ni kejap2, kenyit2 dengan apek kat pasar tu.

Raf

Pi Bani said...

Raf,
Tarzan Rimba? TR? Eloklah tu, Tg Rambutan pun TR juga... :)

Durian? You nak suruh I panjat pokok durian ke? Yang tu nak kena pakai topi keledar takut nanti ditimpa dek durian!!!

Yang you kenyit2 mata dengan apek tu baik-baik sikit tau... nanti dia sangkut kat you siapa yang susah??!

mekyam said...

manggis ada tak? ;D

Pi Bani said...

Ish, ish... orang bagi rambutan dia nak manggis le pulak...

Dulu ada pokok manggis kat rumah, tapi buahnya tak berapa elok, selalu busuk. So dah kena tebang lah by yours truly!

Pak Zawi said...

Pi,
Rambutan gading, sedap tu. Simpan atas pokok untuk Pak Zawi sikit, nak panjat sendiri.

Pi Bani said...

Pak Zawi,
More ummph eating the fruit fresh from the tree, huh? You're welcomed anytime to panjat sendiri pokok tu...