THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Remembering 2013

JANUARY: Following up with December’s back-to-school shopping, the new year started off with house visits, mainly to settle the children’s fees and workbooks.

FEBRUARY: Other than my voluntary work routine (clinic duties), my other activities in February were more personal. Needing an adventure somehow as my kind of “break”, started off the month going caving in Gua Batu Maloi, Negri Sembilan.

caving

It was also in February that we had a kenduri tahlil for my beloved arwah mother. May Allah bless her soul.

MARCH: Quite a busy month. started off with a briefing in Taiping, given to some health department staff, explaining to them on what we Buddies do.

Then my family headed off to Kota Bharu, for my nephew’s engagement.

engagement

Also held in March was something which I had never imagined I’d be joining. Somehow some of the TKCOGA committee members managed to coax me to represent my alumni for an inter-alumni quiz. I thought (and I still think) I was the wrong choice. It was a fun quiz nonetheless, filled with laughter, and we ended up as 1st runners-up of the 4 teams participating.

quiz

Buddies AGM was also held in March. It being a committee election year, again I was given the task to head Buddies them, although I did inform the volunteers that I hoped this would be my last term as the chairperson.

APRIL: Another adventure for my kinda break. This time it was the Extreme Challenge at Skytrex Adventure, Shah Alam.

skytrex1

MAY: Visited the new TKC in Enstek for the first time.

enstek

Gave a briefing to health department staff in Ipoh (similar to the one I gave in Taiping earlier).

Chaired the TKCOGA committee elections during the AGM in Putrajaya.

agm

Gave a talk on HIV/AIDS to students of SMK Seri Intan, Ipoh.

talk

And the most awaited moment for me (especially since I was the main organiser) was a reunion for my TKC batchmates of SPM1980.

reunion

JUNE: A post-reunion reunion of my batchmates, this time at the home of one of the gang in Hulu Langat.

lunch

JULY: Attended the International AIDS Society Conference in KL Convention Centre. Although it was more of a scientific conference (which is out of my league), I picked and chose the sessions that I would be able to comprehend most. Whatever it is, I still need to update myself with the latest happenings in the world of HIV.

IAS

AUGUST: Set up a booth during a social & medical health exhibition in Buntong, Ipoh.

SEPTEMBER: Buddies Family Day at Lost World of Tambun.

Cuti-cuti Malaysia for my sister and I. Tried snorkelling for the first time ever.

Went white water rafting in Gopeng.

Set up an exhibition booth during the UniKL-RCMP Ipoh Open Day.

Took part in a charity walkathon… Walk of Hope… in Putrajaya Wetlands.

OCTOBER: Went to Kota Bharu again with the whole family for my nephew’s wedding.

kbwedding

Set up another exhibition booth, this time for the Pink October Carnival at Polo Ground, Ipoh.

pink october

NOVEMBER: Another wedding reception for my nephew, this time in Teluk Intan.

tiwedding

Also took part in another walkathon, in conjunction with World Diabetes Day.

Attended the International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP) in Bangkok Thailand.

DECEMBER: My usual back-to-school shopping marathon. 23 families. 53 children. 6 different shopping complexes. Over RM12K spent.

Photo0762

Joined efforts with Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh for this year’s World AIDS Day.

Buddies year-end appreciation dinner this time was held at David’s Diner, Greentown, Ipoh.

No comments: