THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 23 August 2013

Family Day coming soon

Another week or so to go to our annual Family Day. This year it’s held a bit later than usual because of the fasting month in July/August.

The best Family Day attendance we had before this was in 2010 when the venue was in Lost World of Tambun. That year, 97 people (including volunteers) confirmed their attendance and 94 actually turned up. That’s very close to 100%. Usually for our Family Day, only between 70 – 80 % of those who had confirmed their attendance would actually turn up.

This year, once again we’re organising our Family Day at Lost World of Tambun. The kids love it there. So far we have 120 people confirming their attendance including 14 volunteers. And among the 106 clients/family members joining, more than 50 of them are my clients. Even if only 80% turns up, it will still be a record-breaking attendance.

Yep, lots of calls made, lots of text messages sent out. Lots of arrangements to be made. Who will be going to LWOT on their own. Who will need to be fetched at home. Who will need to be fetched at the bus station. Who to fetch them. What time to fetch them.

Even some who have their own transport requested that I wait for them somewhere so they could follow my car to Lost World. Ah well, I wouldn’t want them to get lost before reaching Lost World, would I?

I definitely need other volunteers to help me out as I can’t be at too many places at the same time to fetch all my clients. I have 4 volunteers to help me out with my clients. Hopefully, that’s enough.

As for toys to be given out to the families, this year I collected more than enough toys from my friends. Some used toys, some new toys, but all lovely lovely toys which I’m sure the kids will love! Thanks to all my generous friends (and their kids who let go of their pre-loved toys!).

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi P.Bani...Lost World...in Ipoh? Tambun? Thought mostly tin mines and pomelos there? Ha ha.
Thats nice, having a family day.
And you always there to lend a helping hand.
Hands that help are Holier than lips that pray.

The last time I was in Ipoh was wayyyyy back early '80s.
I do remember that Hot Springs place, but was rather untidy.

Another place I never forgot was the Ipoh swimming club where I chipped a tooth doing a fancy dive.
They never cleaned the bottom of the pool, it was slippery...when I hit bottom with my hands, I slipped hit my face on the bottom. Came out bloodied!

Hey...once again you corrected me, ha ha ha, re that Taman....ya la, apa la nak buat, kan? Been a long time. 26 years away. Used to poach for fish, haruan at night there.

But really so thrilled, happy have you back in my pondok, like old times.
You keep well,
Salam ceria selalu dan jangan lupa gembira di hati.
Bagaikan sentiasa kedengaran alunan lagu merdu.
Lee.

Lee said...

Hi Pi Bani, so how was the family outing? Ada lelaki or isteri hilang or anak2?
If I was there I pun volunteer.
You can arrange put the divorcees or SYTs in my car...
You carry the pakchiks. Arhaaaa ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

Pi Bani said...

Notchet la unker! Family Day is this coming Sunday. Nanti after the event I will update my blog ok?

Anonymous said...

I really had a hard laugh... first "buddiest" then, "baddiest"!

Sorry, I'm sort of a fan of your blog. It's really inspiring and motivating to read about what you quys (especially you) had been doing for the society. Keep up with the great job and InsyaAllah we here at the back will chip-in in whatever ways we can.