THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Saturday 8 December 2012

Back-to-school shopping : DONE!

Been spending the past three days doing more and more of back-to-school shopping… on Thursday for 4 families of 11 children, on Friday for 6 families of 19 children, and today for 6 more families of 12 children. All that plus the 2 families I brought shopping earlier on Monday and Wednesday, means I have brought altogether 48 children shopping for their schooling needs within this one week.

Photo0239

Total damages so far: RM9,835.10

The above amount does not include claims from a few other families which had not been submitted to me. You see, a few families agreed to buy first and claim later. After this I will need to start collecting the various children’s list of fees/workbooks etc which they need to pay when school reopens in January.

Taking a few families shopping together, I didn’t really have the opportunity to find out the details of each child’s progress in school. I know some of these children aren’t doing too well in school. With these kids, I am more interested to know which area their interest lies so we can help pave the way for them to take up suitable vocational courses.

But I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that one of our sponsored children who entered a fully residential school at the beginning of this year, came out tops among her batch-mates in her school exam. Wonderful! I hope she will continue to excel in her studies.

Whatever it is, I think I am done with this year’s back-to-school shopping. My next mission is buy bicycles for a few children needing bicycles to go to school. I’ve already got sponsors for the bicycles… just announce on my FB wall and within an hour I got more than enough sponsors.

Meantime, just let me get a short rest and recover from bektuskulitis shopingsakania that I am suffering from right now.

*For the uninitiated, that’s my “medical” term for back-to-school shopping sakan…

No comments: