THEY WILL ASK thee as to what they should spend on others. Say: "Whatever of your wealth you spend shall [first] be for your parents, and for the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, verily, God has full knowledge thereof." - Al-Baqarah (2:215)
Malaysia Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday 7 August 2009

This and that...

Sharifah's appointment at the Ipoh GH was on Wednesday. I was too busy at the office in the morning so I didn't go to the hospital to meet up with her.

But I called up after lunch to find out her latest blood test results and they (Sharifah, Kak Ana and my little Cek Mek)were on their way to a shopping complex to have lunch. I had planned to go to the same complex too to buy some stuff for myself and also to get some Indonesian currency. (I am now temporarily a millionaire... of rupiahs...)

So after zohor, I headed to the said complex, went straight to the food center and saw them there, just about to start their lunch of mee kari. It was only 2 weeks ago that I last saw Cek Mek, yet this time it was obvious she was even chubbier than before. Lagi rasa nak picit-picit! And oh, just by looking at her face, many people thought she's a boy!

Kak Ana has got temporary custody of the girl - for 2 years (or earlier if Sharifah is ready and able to take her baby home) and Sharifah will visit from time to time. Ample time I think for Sharifah to find herself a job and become financially independent.

After lunch yesterday, she headed back to her hometown. Her mother misses her already, and she intends to get herself at least a temporary job before Raya so they'd have some extra money to spend for Raya.

Anyway, Sharifah need not start her ARV medication yet. Her CD4 is above 500. My concern now is Cek Mek's test results. The little girl's appointment is in 2 weeks time. I am hopeful she's not infected.

---------------------------------------------------------

I found out from the buddy who had been helping out with Anita's case about Anita's latest problem. She has yet to settle her IC and baby's birth cert problem, now she's already facing another problem. No wonder she wants to see me personally after I come back from Bali. The buddy who had been helping her is a non-Muslim and her latest problem in a way involves religious matters. She thought the non-Muslim buddy wouldn't understand. But the same buddy met her when she went to the hospital for her blood test yesterday and found out what the problem was, and called me today to inform me about it. Aduuh, berat. She's even thinking of running away from her sister's home. But she has nobody else, where is she to go with a baby in tow?

So how? Stay tuned for the continuation of this story... after I come back from Bali. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

I've finally finished the management accounts and cash flows for my business client! Legaaa...

The 2 new staff at the office are coping quite well and are fast learners. Yayyy! I just need to settle a few more minor things at the office today.

The monthly pocket money and bus fares for the children under our Sponsorship Programme have also been banked into the various bank accounts. I usually do so between 10th to 15th of each month but it has to be a bit earlier this month.

Now to get myself prepared for the Congress in Bali. All the travelling and Congress documents for my group members are with me, so I'd better make sure everything is in order.

I haven't started packing anything yet. By hook or by crook I need to do everything today.

And oh, I'd better make it a point to visit my ailing aunt again this afternoon...

---------------------------------------------------------

Will be away from 8th to 15th August. See you later folks!

9 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

lets all pray Little Cek Mek is free from HIV, and that she'll grow up like any other kids, joyful and active, InsyaAllah.

p/s- have a pleasant trip, Kak Pi. dont forget your surfing board!

hehehehe...

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
I'd better send telepathic message to all my brethren in Bali. All those Balinese cats better watch out. Here comes Aunty Pi!!!! Lari.......

mamasita said...

Boohooo booohhhhooo boooohhhhhooooo!
I'll miss you so much! Please have lots of fun sambil attend conference ok??
Hope you menang that poster competition!!
Goooood luck!! 'blow hingus!'...bye2.

Anonymous said...

Off topic.

I would like to share this with everyone - http://www.earthclinic.com/

Hope it can help us.

Nani Cheras

Pi Bani said...

Kerp,
The only kind of surfing I know is surfing the internet. Kalau surfing kat laut, you'll need a fishing net to get me out!

Pi Bani said...

Cat-in-Sydney,
I'll be pretty tied up until Thursday afternoon, so tell those Balinese cats they can relax until Thursday noon at least... ;)

Pi Bani said...

Mamasita,
Mana ada poster competition kak? It's a poster presentation. Nobody's competing - we're just presenting our projects or whatever.

Tata titi tutu!!

Pi Bani said...

Nani,
Thanks for the link!

Naz in Norway said...

Let's pray for Cek Mek's health.
Oh! all the things that you have to do, Kak Pi.
Ada chance relax tak kat Bali?
Anyway, selamat jalan.
PS: a picture with the Barong, boleh?

haha my word veri kata *sweboli*
macam tau tau!